SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44366 - 05/14/02 03:13 AM Re: Printing Music
technicsplayer Offline

Hi Bob,
the OCR in Finale Print Music is a basic module, as I mentioned, and not as accurate as smart score. It is a great bonus feature for the occasional scan, but not perfect. Smart score can get 99% results first time on good resolution originals, but then it costs more money.

The easiest program from the user interface perspective is sibelius, which is way out of this price range, but I would say Finale was probably next in line.

#44367 - 05/15/02 06:53 PM Re: Printing Music
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by larry gosmeyer:
Hi all. My old outdated Music printing program will not work with XP.

Can you give me your suggestions as to a good, simple, Music Notation Program that you use to enter the notes, etc., and then print out the song.

Thanks, very much.

Larry Gosmeyer
larry.gosmeyer@verizon.net

[This message has been edited by larry gosmeyer (edited 05-08-2002).]

Hi Larry,I have just listened to your Medley on the 20-1 Disk 2, it is real good, about a Music Notation prgram, what I have in mind is a simple program to print music from MIDI files, just the Melody line and the Chord Symbols, I have tried Sibelius-Cakewalk-Cubase VST-Lime and many others and the best I can find so far is Midi-Connections from BCK Products,England, Email: www.bck.co.uk if any of our members can let me know of any other program that will do this I would be much obliged, all the best to one and all. Johnny Barr.

------------------

#44368 - 05/17/02 04:20 AM Re: Printing Music
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

Maybe something for you. There is a programm called RMCA. It it is combination of Band in a Box and Styleworks form EMC

A style-creatopr (o.a. from midifiles) and chord generator. Also the possibility to print a leadsheet.

A demo version at www.mca.cjb.net

rgds
Wim

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 05-17-2002).]

#44369 - 05/17/02 09:09 AM Re: Printing Music
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
Thanks a million to all.

After trying many, many different programs (all were very good) I find that I like the LIME system as best for me. I'm sure it will fill all my needs.

Thanks again and again.

Larry
larry.gosmeyer@verizon.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online