SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#443055 - 12/23/17 05:31 AM Re: Roland EA7 Can Certainly JAZZ it Up... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Just to show that I’m trying not to be favorable to any brand I’d like to point out some Yamaha’s products which I find sort of misleading. For example, DGX-520 and DGX-620 – bulky and heavy instruments which are supposed to be like digital pianos but with only 32 voices of polyphony on board! The same goes for Yamaha MM8.

Also, it seems that after successful and affordable PSR-550 Yamaha deliberately made every next keyboard in this price range with hard-to-navigate user interface.

Eventually, they gave decent polyphony to DGX series and decent controls to PSR-S670. Perhaps, we should thank Casio and Korg for that.

As for Roland, they introduced quite interesting products like Roland Go:Piano and Go:Keys (go-61p and go-61k). They are still hard to locate in Russia, which upsets me. It seems reasonable to me that while $100-$200 smartphones now are capable to do almost everything, musical keyboards for $300 should be decent ones. So if Roland tries to set new rules – I’m pleased to watch it.

#443090 - 12/23/17 10:50 AM Re: Roland EA7 Can Certainly JAZZ it Up... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
[quote=synerjim]EA-7 ...it's a very well thought out arranger KB & fun to play for sure.....

......yawn

#443099 - 12/23/17 11:29 AM Re: Roland EA7 Can Certainly JAZZ it Up... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
[quote=synerjim]EA-7 ...it's a very well thought out arranger KB & fun to play for sure.....

......yawn

Dave....we all have our choices & opinions in life...
to each their own.
Merry Christmas to you & Yours buddy enjoy the Holidays.

#443342 - 12/26/17 07:56 AM Re: Roland EA7 Can Certainly JAZZ it Up... [Re: Dnj]
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
I wonder if someone w/ an EA7 can tell whether the acoustic and electric pianos are sourced from the older Roland soundsets (JV, etc) or the newer (FA). I'm beginning to look for an all-in-one board for home studio and need decent EPs and a playable keybed (ie, not the Yamaha 970 one!)
my guess on the Roland keybed is that it's the one from Juno DS 61.

also looking at the VR 09 but I don't think its USB recorder can blend signal from external input with the keyboard itself, which is a deal breaker. looks like the EA7 does do this...
thanks

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online