SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#442839 - 12/19/17 04:05 PM New Genos Keyboard Screen
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Can someone please confirm whether the Home Page screen on the new Genos keyboard can be moved at all. Members of our Club keep asking about this and although from what I've seen from various demonstrations I don't think it does, I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance - Audrey Turner

#442895 - 12/20/17 11:29 AM Re: New Genos Keyboard Screen [Re: Audrey Turner]
maartenb Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Audrey,

What do you mean with "moving the Home Page screen"?

The screen is non-tiltable, if that is what you mean.

Maarten

#442921 - 12/20/17 04:37 PM Re: New Genos Keyboard Screen [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Thank you Maarten for your reply.

At the time of writing the question I couldn't think of the word 'tilted' but it is exactly what I needed to know because one particular 'gig' I do is held in the conservatory which obviously gets full sunshine and having had a "non-tilt" screen on a keyboard in the past, I know I will not be able to see the screen clearly, plus having to take my eyes off the music sometimes leads to embarrassing mistakes.

I was looking forward to the new Yamaha keyboard, but I will not be buying one mainly because of the screen difficulty but as far as I'm concerned, I don't like the change in 'layout' of the keys particularly the Multipads which I use quite a lot but having to use the right hand to access them whilst playing will not work for me as I like to play fast music such as rags, Dixie, boogie etc. It's almost impossible to play Twelfth Street Rag whilst tapping buttons with the right hand.
There are quite a few other things I don't like about it and the dark and dreary colour is one of them, so no! I wont be updating this time around.

Thank you again for replying, if any other Club member asks the same question, I can now confirm that the screen definitely does not tilt.

Audrey Turner

#443339 - 12/26/17 07:32 AM Re: New Genos Keyboard Screen [Re: Audrey Turner]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
I agree. The non-tiltable screen was a deal breaker for me also. That is very important to me and for now, my Tyros5 is perfect and I'm still learning tons of things on it...

#443348 - 12/26/17 10:48 AM Re: New Genos Keyboard Screen [Re: Audrey Turner]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Screens have moved on significantly since the advent of smart phones and tablets so you will probably find not being adjustable is not an issue.
The Tyros Screens are positively antique and well past there sell by date, hence they have to be adjustable to be of any use.
Before you dismiss a keyboard because the screen is not adjustable, try it out first, as you will probably be surprised.

Bill

#444540 - 01/11/18 03:56 PM Re: New Genos Keyboard Screen [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi Bill,

I have tried it out and it just doesn't work for me, so I'll keep my Tyros 5 for now.

Audrey T.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online