SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#442792 - 12/18/17 04:32 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks guys! I've been gone all day, playing golf. I have to agree with about everybody. Will listen to Donnie's e.q. job after while.
Again thanks!

#442800 - 12/18/17 08:14 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don, I just sent you your Christmas present - a book about Sheriff Bo Tully. It was written by an old friend and fellow outdoor writer, Patrick McManus. You will love it!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442801 - 12/18/17 08:17 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Don, I just sent you your Christmas present - a book about Sheriff Bo Tully. It was written by an old friend and fellow outdoor writer, Patrick McManus. You will love it!

Why thank you Gary! I look forward to reading it.

#442843 - 12/19/17 05:59 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: DonM]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Sounds pretty good. I did notice that the low end sounds a little muddied but the mid and highs are pretty decent. Vocals sound nice but perhaps a tad too loud in the mix. What are you using to record with Don? Could be the mic is just a little too hot or possibly just a minor mixer adjustment would do the trick. If you're recording directly into a DAW on a computer you might need to reduce the gain a little bit. Certain mics are great for live performances while other mics are suited better for recording purposes. So depending on what mic you are using could affect the sound for better or for worse. Overall it sounds pretty good like I said.

All the best,

Mike

#442844 - 12/19/17 06:21 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

Don nice job I have took a few minutes to spruce up the EQ mix...

Donny - Oooooh .... I think the tweaks make it too brittle. You must have some high freq hearing loss, my friend. I like original EQ much better. Yours is too bright for my taste. I think I still have most of my high freq range intact, after being so careful with speaker placement and volume limits all these years. I know Fran's lost a bit of his, maybe you have too.

#442848 - 12/19/17 08:03 PM Re: A Little E.Q Help Please [Re: keybplayer]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By keybplayer
Sounds pretty good. I did notice that the low end sounds a little muddied but the mid and highs are pretty decent. Vocals sound nice but perhaps a tad too loud in the mix. What are you using to record with Don? Could be the mic is just a little too hot or possibly just a minor mixer adjustment would do the trick. If you're recording directly into a DAW on a computer you might need to reduce the gain a little bit. Certain mics are great for live performances while other mics are suited better for recording purposes. So depending on what mic you are using could affect the sound for better or for worse. Overall it sounds pretty good like I said.

All the best,

Mike

Hi Mike,
I simply use a small Tascam digital stereo recorder, and feed it from the monitor send on my mixer. Everything, including vocals, is processed in the PA4X, no external e.q. I run it through Audacity to convert from wav to mp3 and Normalize it.
Thanks for the analysis and suggestions! If I ever retire I may do some multi-track recording again.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online