SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#442690 - 12/17/17 05:36 PM Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment..
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Or maybe you won't enjoy them who knows. wink lol

The first one is a song called "More Than Words" by the group Extreme. It's not the complete song but hopefully the demonstration is adequate. The guitars you hear are from the Genos aptly called Steel Acoustic Finger (Mega) and D&Hard Folk Twin 1 (Mega). This is serious stuff folks. Studio quality sound with vocals and hopefully it will give you a good idea of the quality the Genos has to offer. The second is a demo of some of the Genos electric pianos. I would have added more files but the limit per post is 10 MB. I hope to add more files at a later time. These will have to do for now. Enjoy!

All the best,

Mike

Attachments
More Than Words.mp3 (194 downloads)
Genos Electric Pianos.mp3 (94 downloads)

#442693 - 12/17/17 06:01 PM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike, outstanding performance. The style was perfect, the vocals were very crisp and clear, and that harmony was superb.

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442696 - 12/17/17 06:25 PM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Very nice, indeed. Very polished. The vocal is really pristine. Is all of that straight out of the Genos, or is there some extra processing in a DAW as part of the mix-down?

#442699 - 12/17/17 07:44 PM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very impressive. I especially loved the vocal and the guitars of course. You have to hear this in stereo, through great speakers or phones to get the full effect of the voices. nice!

#442701 - 12/17/17 08:01 PM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Great tune and vocal work!

Do you still have a Genos, last I read you returned it.

#442716 - 12/18/17 01:08 AM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I am impressed with your singing, so professional!

In the same time I see a mixed message here.

If all that Genos does here is that it provides good backing guitars, why don't use an actual guitar?

Well, there're reasons, I know. Guitars are not so comfortable, not so stable and recording them is also not easy. Still, it's manageable.

I know that I'm stating the obvious (probably don't get enough communication here in Russia), but there's something controversial yet beautiful that performing the same on stage but with a guitar you yourself will cost more, yet your equipment may cost 5 or 10 times less.

As for vocal harmony, the same story; recording it manually will cost more time and work but no money, and the result will be superior.

I'm not questioning you having Genos, I wish I had one too. Also, if we just sticked to guitars, there wouldn't be this community.

Thank you for your music!

#442735 - 12/18/17 07:09 AM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for sharing your demos with us ...If Im being honest more then words has some timing issues to my ear between the strumming & vocal?... hope your enjoying you 2nd genos in time Im sure you will gain experience with its ins & outs hope to hear more soon...
Merry Christmas to you and Yours!

#442749 - 12/18/17 08:04 AM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Thanx for sharing your demos with us ...If Im being honest more then words has some timing issues to my ear between the strumming & vocal?... hope your enjoying you 2nd genos in time Im sure you will gain experience with its ins & outs hope to hear more soon...

Donny, I applaud you for having the courage to point that out....however, I think it's more of a case of exaggerated syncopation than actual timing (because he does eventually get back on the beat before the end of the phrase). In any case, it's good (IMO) to point these things out (in a constructive way) as there's not a performance in existence that couldn't be improved upon (well, except Miles' 'Round Midnight' smile ).

chas

#442769 - 12/18/17 11:34 AM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: keybplayer]
zuki Offline

Did you say this is you singing and playing?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#442771 - 12/18/17 11:36 AM Re: Genos demos I recorded for your enjoyment.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Dnj

Donny, I applaud you for having the courage to point that out....however, I think it's more of a case of exaggerated syncopation than actual timing (because he does eventually get back on the beat before the end of the phrase). In any case, it's good (IMO) to point these things out (in a constructive way) as there's not a performance in existence that couldn't be improved upon (well, except Miles' 'Round Midnight' smile ).

chas

Chas thanx....."timing & tempos" are MY pet peeves, I cant let that slide everything else could be tastefully & honestly opinionated in a performance, we all learn from others i know I did many times and still am every day......I appreciate Mikes sharing his performance demos hope to hear more on Genos....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online