SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#442542 - 12/15/17 12:05 PM Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just got home from a short trip to the Post Office, made it just in time to slide down my driveway and into my parking spot. I walked in the front door and shot this with my phone.

Stay warm and safe, guys and gals,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442543 - 12/15/17 12:22 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, It’s not much better here in Rhody. We’ve had 2 snow storms and one coming within the hour at 4:30 EST. In the 4 years we’ve been spending winters in sunny Florida this is the first December since we’ve been doing the trip that we did not escape in time, we usually leave a couple of days after Christmas. No such luck this year.

#442545 - 12/15/17 12:35 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Gary - Nice video! But if I were you I'd have changed the lyrics and asked for maybe a snowblower and some thermal underwear...just sayin'...

Thanks for the great reminder of what MD can be like. After being gone for a rather long spell, we are hoping to go north (briefly!) to see some snow (from inside of course) in 2018. It's great to watch - just not too much fun if you have to "deal with it".

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#442548 - 12/15/17 12:47 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Randy - I gave the snowblower to my daughter - I'm too old a busted up to use it anymore and have some guy with a pickup truck and snow blade mounted on it to clear the driveway. Even with a monster snow blower, it took me the better part of 3 hours to clear my 300-foot driveway and 128-foot sidewalk.

Just getting to the driveway takes a lot of work.

Gary cool

#442549 - 12/15/17 12:56 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Nice videos thanx for sharing.................time to go down south Id say Gary for the winter at least...

#442550 - 12/15/17 01:13 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I have been here in Ocala,FL for 2.5 years now.......my idea of moving back North would be GAINSVILLE!

#442551 - 12/15/17 01:13 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, the Florida keys are still in a state of disrepair, but maybe next winter I'll be living aboard the boat there. And, with luck, maybe I can talk Carol into coming down and spending some time living aboard as well. It would sure be nice to have her there for company.

Merry Christmas,

Gary cool

#442557 - 12/15/17 01:43 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I went to college in (appropriately named) "Frostburg" Md. I was a lowly commuter and they didn't care much about day students. So they always plowed the commuter lots "shut" in the mornings so when I arrived I would have to ram my 63 Ford Fairlane through the snowbank into the lot...then at the end of the day, they always had me "Plowed in" and I'd have to ram my way out. Probably part of the reason I favor the "Sunshine State".

Still love MD as it's my home state, but only want the snow as a scene to enjoy.... enjoy that snow from inside Gary with some hot Kickapoo Joy Juice!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#442562 - 12/15/17 02:58 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Brrrrrrr,
the white cold slippery stuff found the way here as well....
At younger days I really loved it, as the kids does now.
Anyway, I won't use the bad words about how much I dislike it,
at least until it's time to showel. rolleyes

Attachments
WinterNorway2017_started.jpg

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#442568 - 12/15/17 04:49 PM Re: Damned I Hate Winter in Maryland [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

GJ, my son just got home from Sweden last week and it was snowing there nearly every day for a week. He loved the people and the beauty of the countryside, but said he would hate to be there when winter hit full blast. He said he is going back and this time will be in Stockholm.

Stay warm, old friend,

Gary cool

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online