Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#442484 - 12/14/17 12:20 PM Genos/PA4X Uploaded today
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

#442486 - 12/14/17 12:29 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Both sound great and too close to call IMO. Therefore the Korg, with its lower price, wins. I would like to hear a style comparison.

#442488 - 12/14/17 12:41 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
124 Offline

Bang for the buck? Korg - depending on where one's individual 'bang' is perceived to be, of course.

#442490 - 12/14/17 01:01 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Both are sounding great, but Genos made me feel I was in a "Hall" and Korg gave me the more intimate "Room" feeling.
There are differences in sound, and so it should be.
It's two different beasts to fit different taste.
Looking at the huge pricegap, at least here in Norway, Korg wins by 25% less money to use.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#442491 - 12/14/17 01:26 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

KORG hands down winner!

In a mix the korg shines as a live band sound less compression a more open sound all around...Imo

Edited by Dnj (12/14/17 07:30 PM)

#442502 - 12/14/17 04:19 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
It's all about personal preference ...

#442505 - 12/14/17 04:39 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I listened to the demo on my JBL LSR 2328P studio monitors hooked up to my office computer and although the Korg Piano is comparable in quality to the Genos CFX Grand Piano for the most part the other instrument sounds I think the Genos win hands down in my humble opinion except perhaps that particular theater organ voice which sounds better on the Korg.

The Genos has a fuller, richer sound if you listen closely on a good set of speakers. I'll listen to the demo again on my Mackie HR8mk2 speakers which will give me a more accurate representation since the Mackie's have an even flatter frequency response. The Korg is of course $1,500 less in price than the Genos but you can acquire a Genos for quite a bit less then the MAP price if you search around so the price disparity is not that great if you in fact get a great deal on a Genos.

Now the Korg Pa4x is also a great sounding arranger make no mistake. And please understand I'm trying to be unbiased in my critique of both keyboards. Either keyboard would be a great choice but Yamaha's claim that the Genos is the most advanced sounding arranger to date is a credible statement or else Yamaha would not have made such a claim. Yamaha Japan probably did a side by side comparison of both keyboards before releasing the Genos to the public in order to verify their claim. I think the Korg excels in B3 organ emulation although the Genos B3 sound is definitely an improvement over the Tyros 5. To each his own I reckon. I see Donny thinks the Korg wins hands down and yes everybody is entitled to their own opinion. cool

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (12/14/17 04:40 PM)

#442507 - 12/14/17 04:51 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: keybplayer]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
So Mike...when are you jumpin’ back in?

#442509 - 12/14/17 06:15 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I gotta agree with Mike.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442514 - 12/14/17 10:03 PM Re: Genos/PA4X Uploaded today [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
KORG hands down winner!

In a mix the korg shines as a live band sound less compression a more open sound all around...Imo

let wait till we hear the Styles Demo AC Hammilton surely will post soon. I think thats where Genos made the biggest jump forward.

very close, some hits for Yamaha, some hits for Korg.. But when it comes to an arranger, a style comparison says more then single sound comparison.. so waiting for that. In the end you cant go wrong with any of these 2 where it comes to the sound.

Which might make the PA4x a better choice, with all its direct access buttons and incredible deep editable sound engine for people that like to do more then just play. Yamaha's ensemble feature tough is out of this world.

In the end, listening to both these instruments on my headset, i think i slightly prefer the Genos sound overall, in some of the sounds there just seems to be a bit more detail in underlaying layers.

Now let wait for the styles comparrison thats where i allways prefered Korg, but having heared the genos live, that could be a different game now.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online