SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#442324 - 12/10/17 07:47 PM This guy John Beesley is GOOD!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
WOW, if you don't watch...is it really an arranger...
Of course....Superb sounds...but it shows the capability of the instrument in the right hands.....I need to practice a LOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_SrBYGgPS4&list=RDRhNGSBVZhIg

Edited by leeboy (12/10/17 07:48 PM)

#442332 - 12/11/17 12:29 AM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
It is perfect, I would say, perfectionism.
I'm myself not a fan of doing my homework to that extent. Surely, I have to pay my price. Still, I don't see much point in an arranger if you use dozens of registrations during one song. There are sequencers for that kind of work and you can have coffee between every registration.

The benefit which arranger gives to me is an opportunity to draw the whole picture in real time, making a feedback loop with your emotions.

There are certain stereotypes about arranger players, and any stereotype is always built on both truth and ignorance. They make people see an arranger keyboard as something "geeky".

An arranger player does seem geeky because his is not a team player, he's rather isolated, which can be confused with being an outcast.

But it's the world we are living in right now, the world of isolation. I see potential to change the image of an arranger player as well as I see that it will not happen.

There are too many demos of keyboards are being produced so far without being serious about the keyboard. It's more like.. being at school.. With no intention (or support) to go far enough.

#442372 - 12/11/17 02:31 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
zuki Offline

Well said

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#442376 - 12/11/17 02:42 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

You guys missed the point...the SOUND is what I'm talking about....remember in this case he is playing a production song...not entertaining at a party or home or things like that, AND there is no singer to deal with.

Arrangers can also be played as an Orchestra would play the piece...and that's what this is. The sounds to me are really very realistic and if you play this for someone without having tham watch it...I bet they think it's done by a whole Orchestra.

#442381 - 12/11/17 03:29 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lee, I didn't miss the point. That sound was absolutely awesome to say the very least. Not only is he a very talented player, but he seems to be an incredible composer as well.

Outstanding,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442383 - 12/11/17 03:41 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: travlin'easy]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Lee, I didn't miss the point. That sound was absolutely awesome to say the very least. Not only is he a very talented player, but he seems to be an incredible composer as well.

Outstanding,

Gary

#442385 - 12/11/17 05:02 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Gary, after hearing that and a bunch of other stuff I have listened to lately...I think a used T5 would be fine here...maybe even a PSR-s970, they sound great too. What do you think on the comparison?

#442386 - 12/11/17 07:31 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
Bachus Offline

John Beesly is not only a performer ..

He also creates many many nice performance packs for Yamaha imstruments under his brand.. Tyros Magic.
Also he is a programmer, as he made the software V-console that under windows 10 turns your Tyros and soon Genos into a 2 manual organ. Check out his website.

http://www.tyrosmagic.com/v-console-details

http://keyszone.boards.net

#442388 - 12/11/17 09:13 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
During the past two weeks, I have heard so many performers using a variety of arranger keyboards producing incredible music on another forum that I sincerely believe it is the creativity of the player that counts most - not the keyboard. However, the new sounds coming from the Genos are absolutely incredible. Anyone that denies this, IMO, is not really making an unbiased assessment of what they hear.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442389 - 12/11/17 10:22 PM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
During the past two weeks, I have heard so many performers using a variety of arranger keyboards producing incredible music on another forum that I sincerely believe it is the creativity of the player that counts most - not the keyboard. However, the new sounds coming from the Genos are absolutely incredible. Anyone that denies this, IMO, is not really making an unbiased assessment of what they hear.

All the best,

Gary cool

Noboddy is denieing this, atleast not in this topic.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online