SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#442023 - 12/06/17 03:57 PM I'm curious again........how many of you, etc
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
How many of you get pretty ticked off when any post goes South, either immediately or they very rarely stay "north" beyond 4-5 replies (but I do remember one staying stable for at least seven replies back in 2001).

How about those who write posts with a topic that's important to them......and then it goes south anyway.

And what about the posts written by others and you're just getting into the topic, and boom, wham, there it goes, taking off faster than Superman on steroids.

And posts that break records with 600 replies and you read the original opening remark, something to do with music, and you go to post #600 and the original topic transitioned to something like the sinking of the Titanic?

How many think that a qualifier should precede each heading in the list with an icon that says "any and all replies welcome?" Or an icon signifying only "topic replies allowed?" And that if you break the rule more than 3x you get taken to a recycling plant for installation of a new personality?

How many think the Synthzone should be renamed the Jokezone?

How many think anyone that goes off topic should, a) forsake their Internet diplomatic immunity, b) be required to do 50 pushups and, c) watch 10 hours non-stop of Kim Kardashian, videotape it and post the videotape as proof?

#442027 - 12/06/17 04:43 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No post really goes south here, a bit off kilter, maybe, but due south - NAH! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#442047 - 12/06/17 08:28 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
All that happens IS SynthZone. Change one part and you change many other parts.
Could SynthZone improve? Yes it could; but so could I and everyone posting here.

BUT THERE’S NO PLACE LIKE THIS PLACE – IT'S REAL!

John C.

#442050 - 12/06/17 09:19 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
No post really goes south here, a bit off kilter, maybe, but due south - NAH! wink

Well, then I must be hallucinating. I could have sworn on a stack of Bibles that I saw with my own two eyes at least ONE post go South!

#442054 - 12/06/17 09:59 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Usually we get corrected by the users if we take direction too far South from the maintrack.
Then Nigel probably tell us to move to or visit "The Bar". wink
SZ has always been and still are a lovely community regardless of the Compass direction. smile
coffee
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#442058 - 12/07/17 02:22 AM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
Bachus Offline

I think thats human nature..
It happens on all forums music or other related.
Sometimes a post moves to starboard, sometimes to port
Other times it returns back to its original course.

i don't think anyone can change such behaviour
And its better to accept it, and try to bring the topic back on course
by posting something related to the original topic..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#442062 - 12/07/17 04:05 AM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bachus as usual your thought about this subject is right on target. Did any of over 3200 posts go south? Yes they did. Being human I did receive a bad feeling.
Did it ruin my day? NEVER, NEVER! I am more than that.

John C.

#442066 - 12/07/17 05:01 AM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
People don't always respond the way you want them to. What you call 'going south' happens in normal, live, group conversations as well. You can't expect 2-300 total strangers, many from different cultures and backgrounds, to all be on exactly the same page. If that were the case, we'd probably have world peace smile. In a previous post you criticized Americans for their spending habits and for not doing things that YOU enjoy instead of what THEY enjoy. If a person enjoys shopping and can comfortably afford it, what's wrong with that? That's one of the reasons we're the number 1 economy in the world. You simply can't get upset over the things people do THAT DON'T AFFECT YOU. What's wrong is not so much what they are doing as it is your expectations of what they SHOULD be doing. People bring their own biases to every situation; we all need to be more tolerant of the other guy's position. Also, we tend to remember things from the past as being better than perhaps they were. Apples were sweeter back when we were kids, bacon tasted better (THAT'S TRUE smile ), girls were prettier, etc., etc. Everything was better in Europe.....and yet, here we are, back in the good ol' USA.

WAIT A MINUTE. Did I just take this post SOUTH? Sorry.

chas

#442069 - 12/07/17 05:33 AM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
Stephenm52 Offline

My 2 cents from some friends of mine I find it good advice:

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation—some fact of my life —unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.

#442081 - 12/07/17 08:27 AM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
124 Offline

Nailed it, Chas. All any of us can do is to live in the moment. I'm not one for navel-gazing.

#442128 - 12/07/17 03:19 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: cgiles]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
People don't always respond the way you want them to.

Chas, I don’t believe I ever asked anyone to “respond the way I want them to or tried to tell anyone how to live their lives.”

What you call 'going south' happens in normal, live, group conversations as well.

Yes, and it’s just as annoying. You get into a really important topic that calls for discussion (not frivolity) and, even without using a compass, it heads off course. I mean, where’s the respect for the poster when he genuinely needs to discuss an issue (like I did with my burnout).

You can't expect 2-300 total strangers, many from different cultures and backgrounds, to all be on exactly the same page.

Do you think I’m that stupid or ignorant that I expect even 2 people to be on the same page?

If that were the case, we'd probably have world peace

That will only happen when there’s another “Great Plague of the 1600’s” where half of the world population suddenly disappears.

In a previous post you criticized Americans for their spending habits and for not doing things that YOU enjoy instead of what THEY enjoy.

Chas, not to be insulting, but do you drink when you read my posts? You have a known habit of twisting my words around. It’s like you stay up at night waiting for me to post so you can manipulate what I actually say and maybe that’s the only way you get a good night’s sleep? Can’t you maybe take up knitting or something instead?

If a person enjoys shopping and can comfortably afford it, what's wrong with that?

There’s nothing wrong with that. Read what I said again. It was an observation NOT a criticism.

That's one of the reasons we're the number 1 economy in the world.

That’s temporary. There’s China, Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom working their way up the ladder! What does that tell you?

You simply can't get upset over the things people do THAT DON'T AFFECT YOU. What's wrong is not so much what they are doing as it is your expectations of what they SHOULD be doing. People bring their own biases to every situation; we all need to be more tolerant of the other guy's position.

Chas, what on Earth are you talking about? For the record, I don’t care what anyone does as long as it doesn’t affect me…period! I can’t say it much clearer than that. Is it possible that you’re speaking about yourself?

Everything was better in Europe.....and yet, here we are, back in the good ol' USA. WAIT A MINUTE. Did I just take this post SOUTH? Sorry.

Yes, you did and a simple “sorry” doesn’t give you license to be ill-mannered. Personally, I’m really tired of having to defend something I write that doesn‘t please you. I asked you once before……If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. And, definitely, please do not take my words out of context like you tend to do. I enjoy being on the Synthzone….until…..I read one of your “attack” posts directed at me.

Otherwise, please keep on posting your other messages. I enjoy your posts because you’re a lot like me…..we are both not hesitant call things the way they are.

Mark

#442136 - 12/07/17 04:53 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Mark79100
you’re a lot like me…..

Mark

Oh, you mean the persecution complex? Yeah, but I earned mine smile. And BTW, I don't single you out. I'll respond negatively to anyone's post if I think that's the proper response (well, except DonM, but that's only because he's 6'8", 250lbs, and has a badge and GUN smile ). But as I've said before, if you post in a public forum, you may not always get the exact response you want (especially if you only want 'warm fuzzies'). Since you have rebutted every sentence in my "attack" post, it hard for me to understand how you can "enjoy" them. You also said "Otherwise, please keep on posting your other messages." which seems to imply that it's okay, enjoyable even, for me to 'attack' others, just not you. Hey, you gotta' admit, you DO leave some nice breadcrumbs out there smile. You claim not to be critical of others or judgmental; I don't quite agree but keep posting, it make for some interesting and lively discussions. If you lived closer, we'd probably meet at some coffee shop every Saturday morning and have the same 'friendly' discussions (and it would be the highlight of our week smile ).

chas

#442141 - 12/07/17 05:31 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Bachus]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
And its better to accept it, and try to bring the topic back on course by posting something related to the original topic..

Best answer out of the whole lot! Bachus, you win the Harley Davidson motorcycle!

#442145 - 12/07/17 05:52 PM Re: I'm curious again........how many of you, etc [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Geeze Mark, I was hoping you would say I had the best post and won the new 50-foot sailing yacht. Oh well, maybe next time. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online