SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#441148 - 11/20/17 11:00 AM pax4 better for live music genos better in sounds.
dud Offline

Loc: israel
I came to the conclusion that pax4 is much much better for live music / it sounds vivid and bright especially drums and the base. the styles are simple for dancing and i mean in the good sense .if i had to choose for entertaing in live music i whould have choosen pax4.

but since i retired from entertaining , i would choose the genos ' becuse overall it sounds like a top synthesizer , more "proffesional" and a little more moderen. and very different from korg that since i have the pa 800 i am used to korg sound therfore i prefer the sound of genos

bothe keyboards are best of the best , and the korg have very interesting sound in some departments.

dud

Edited by dud (11/20/17 11:02 AM)

#441168 - 11/20/17 08:28 PM Re: pax4 better for live music genos better in sounds. [Re: dud]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By dud
I came to the conclusion that pax4 is much much better for live music / it sounds vivid and bright especially drums and the base. the styles are simple for dancing and i mean in the good sense .if i had to choose for entertaing in live music i whould have choosen pax4.

but since i retired from entertaining , i would choose the genos ' becuse overall it sounds like a top synthesizer , more "proffesional" and a little more moderen. and very different from korg that since i have the pa 800 i am used to korg sound therfore i prefer the sound of genos

bothe keyboards are best of the best , and the korg have very interesting sound in some departments.

dud

So you did an extensive one by one comparisson?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441193 - 11/21/17 08:35 AM Re: pax4 better for live music genos better in sounds. [Re: Bachus]
dud Offline

not exactly but I did a comparison based on live and proffesional demoes in the net.

I connected my laptop to my stereo system and played some live performences of each insrtument side by side and afterwards with proffessionl demoes . the GENOS sounds were terrific but the styles were boomy and not only with yamahas speakeres also most of the snares even the acoustics one'sounded not enough opened.
on the other hand, the styles of the PAX4 are vivid and not too complicated the compositions make you dancing to the music and the overal sound is crystal , the sounds also are great but not as Genos sounds ,its like comparing avery good organ (pax4) to a very good synth\workstation (genos)

#441202 - 11/21/17 12:46 PM Re: pax4 better for live music genos better in sounds. [Re: dud]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By dud
not exactly but I did a comparison based on live and proffesional demoes in the net.

I connected my laptop to my stereo system and played some live performences of each insrtument side by side and afterwards with proffessionl demoes . the GENOS sounds were terrific but the styles were boomy and not only with yamahas speakeres also most of the snares even the acoustics one'sounded not enough opened.
on the other hand, the styles of the PAX4 are vivid and not too complicated the compositions make you dancing to the music and the overal sound is crystal , the sounds also are great but not as Genos sounds ,its like comparing avery good organ (pax4) to a very good synth\workstation (genos)

I domt think you can do a fair comparisson based on youtube video’s...

I own a pa4x and heared the Genos live several times..
I think the Genos sounds better, and more alive then the Pa4x, in those styles where such matters...

Edited by Bachus (11/21/17 12:48 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441228 - 11/22/17 04:36 AM Re: pax4 better for live music genos better in sounds. [Re: Bachus]
dud Offline

thanks for your reply Bachus

dud

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online