SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#441083 - 11/19/17 11:42 AM How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why?
Dnj Offline

How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why?

Thoughts?

#441086 - 11/19/17 12:07 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
It’s certainly is up there in price and when I look at what I paid for Tyros 5-76 in December of 2013, it’s about $325 more. Looking at it from that angle it eases a little pain of the price. $325 over the course of 4 years is about an $85 increase per year is not exorbitant.

On the other hand in November of 2013 I purchased a slightly used mini van with 16,000 miles on it at retirement for our travels to and from Florida, I saved thousands. This year I was toying with the idea of another mini van and quickly shutdown the thought of upgrading ........sticker shock. It was quite few more thousands so $325 more than the 2013 price doesn’’t seem too bad

Of course since I usually sell older equipment privately via Craigslist I don’t have to take the entire cost out of. pocket.

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/19/17 01:28 PM)

#441087 - 11/19/17 12:17 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
It's possible that Genos's price is right from Yamaha's point of view, but for my part, I do not see so much differences between Korg and Ketron's top models that it defends the big gap in price.
Tyros 5 was priced much closer to Ketron and Korg, but just before Genos was launched, prices for T5 increased considerably. (At least here in Norway)
This I consider to be a strategic action by Yamaha, which obviously will "milk the cow as much as possible" ....
As I mentioned earlier, it's not that I can not afford it, but I think it may be a good point to wait until "the first shopping rush has gone".
Not sure if the Genos sales are as high as anyone claims, that would be reflected in the sale of switched keyboards.
So far there is just a couple to see here at local ebay.... smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#441088 - 11/19/17 01:31 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
When I was still working as an entertainer, my gasoline bill for the year was twice what a new Genos cost and my van gets about 20 MPG. Slip rent and winter storage costs for my 33 foot Morgan Out Island sailboat are about equal to a new Genos and that gets shelled out every year I own the boat. So, from my perspective, it's really not that expensive.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#441094 - 11/19/17 03:02 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Whether or not an item is expensive depends on the desire/need of the purchaser ...

#441096 - 11/19/17 03:20 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The price depends on what someone is willing to pay for it – not’s it’s value.
Do you want the latest keyboard? Can your budget handle it? I always felt guilty when it came to a large price tag. I’m glad I got over that.
Do I have unlimited funds? No! If I decide I want something I see what I have to do to get it. If it falls out of my range; or just I do not wish to spend that much i back off. All of this depends on where you are financially.

Sooooo, Donny if you can afford it buy it. Amen! If not, enjoy your great Pa4z.
John C.

PS, How many here buy the latest keyboard because we really need it?

#441097 - 11/19/17 03:29 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: tony mads usa]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Tony is right on. If you really need a Genos to satisfy your goal for the purchase, it’s probably worth it.

I’m just frustrated with Yamaha’s philosophy of gauging the arranger player when their Workstation counterpart is 2k less.

They price it high because they know they can get it. From a marketing standpoint...good for them. From a close to retirement fixed income home user standpoint...it sucks!

#441098 - 11/19/17 03:34 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Genos should be around $3695.00 - 3995.00 US they would sell so many more...

#441102 - 11/19/17 04:33 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I think the PA4X will do everything a Genos will do (and maybe more) for less money. That said, if a person is using it to make a living or can simply afford the purchase, it would be justified.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (11/19/17 04:34 PM)

#441104 - 11/19/17 05:03 PM Re: How many think Genos is too EXPENSIVE & Why? [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
I received this evaluation from a very respected member of this forum. It doesn’t necessarily address the price difference...but did help clarify for me, why I switched from the PA600 to the PSR-S970. It also helped me determine whether I should take out a second mortgage for a Genos!

“Korg has added much more to their pallette, but they are still Korg sounds and Korg styles, which are very different from Yamaha.

So what I'm saying if you are not a Korg fan, I don't think you will be overly impressed, for me, I feel that Korg and Yamaha both excel at certain styles, but Yamaha has the user base, that has millions of styles to share with. Korg is more of a closed community with not that type of feel.

Korg is a much deeper instrument with allot of newer tech, and an easier style creator, with a deep synthesis engine. But some people just want to press a button and play”.

Edited by jingleman (11/19/17 05:07 PM)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online