SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#440851 - 11/13/17 02:46 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By jingleman
According to Bachus (again...not being condescending) the PSR-S970 is the Genos little brother. And since the 2 products are not related...the PSR series could continue to be developed and marketed on it’s own platform.

Since the PSR series has been so successful for Yamaha...whether they change the name or not, there will always be a PSR type product line from Yamaha. (IMHO)

That makes sense! Thanks. Maybe Bachus thinks the Psr-S970 is the Genos little brother, because of it's new, advanced chip it shares with the Genos and the Montage.

#440852 - 11/13/17 02:48 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: DonM]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By DonM
PSRs were around long before Tyros came out.

Yes, but they always had many of the sounds and styles of their bigger brothers.

#441021 - 11/17/17 04:26 PM Re: Does the new Yamaha Genos have a “Live Sound” [Re: jingleman]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yamaha knows they have a winner on their hands. Sales have been brisk in Europe from what I've observed anyway. There's only a few that's been delivered to the USA as of today. I expect we'll see some more in the stores at least by Christmas. I actually know of a place where I could buy one today and receive it by Monday or Tuesday if I really wanted one. But because of its shortcomings i.e. lack of USB 3.0, unacceptable Vocal Harmony, polyphony not allocated across the entire range of the keyboard, etc., etc., I have to pass unfortunately. I'm beginning to think Yamaha does it just to spite me. LOL

If the PSR s970 replacement has a better keybed I might consider one of those but I'll probably just wait until Genos 2 and hope for the best. I have to say though that the Genos is Yamaha's best arranger keyboard ever. In fact I wouldn't mind paying a little more for the Genos 2 if Yamaha rectifies the situation regarding the polyphony and other anomalies.

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (11/17/17 04:27 PM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online