Dnj Offline

Congrats awaiting your initial thoughts and full review...good luck

#440944 - 11/16/17 02:37 PM Re: Genos [Re: Dnj]
fozzie Online   content

Thanks Dnj

#440957 - 11/16/17 05:00 PM Re: Genos [Re: fozzie]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Wanna buy a big, sailing yacht? You buy it and I will be calling Frank for a Genos. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440958 - 11/16/17 05:01 PM Re: Genos [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Wanna buy a big, sailing yacht? You buy it and I will be calling Frank for a Genos. smile

Gary cool

Gary, ya got time to sell the yacht Genos are back ordered until January. Fozzie congratulations on the Genos! cool

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/16/17 05:02 PM)

#441011 - 11/17/17 10:40 AM Re: Genos [Re: fozzie]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
To add to this topic, I find that when I'm "porting" my Registrations over from T5 to Genos, I want to get the newer Genos settings (effects, balance, levels etc.), so I tend to re-select the Style so that it resets the effects and volumes of style parts to the "new" settings that Yamaha has in the Genos. Then I adjust from there if needed.

What I do is recall a Tyros Registration, change the sounds (such as using the new CTX or C7 instead of the T5's Concert Grand), maybe selecting new other sounds, etc. Even if I want to use the same sound as I had on T5, what I do is "reset" it by selecting a neighboring sound, then re-selecing the sound I had. This way I get the Genos's new settings for Effects and such, for that sound.

Then, for the Style, I start playing (so I can hear the change), select a style nearby, then re-select the style that I had originally - the balances change and you can often hear it clearly. And you can (of course) hear the big change in the drums.

So, for those "porting" Registrations over from Tyros, you might want to try these techniques out to see if you like the new settings, even if you use some of the same sounds and same style in your Registrations on Genos.

I think if you don't do this "Re-selecting" of sounds and styles, the effects and volumes and other internal settings, are the same as was on the Tyros, rather than the new/revised Genos settings. I can often hear the difference. Sometimes the difference is small, sometimes it jumps out at you (usually in a good way)!

Then, of course, remember to SAVE your Registration bank (file)!

Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online