SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#440825 - 11/12/17 07:25 PM Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) [Re: Fran Carango]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
When I first listened to Genos demos, I thought the drums and acoustic pianos were improved over the Tyros5..

I listened to many comparisons to Tyros5.

Many of the drums the Genos demoed varied, some sounded great others were bland..

The Tyros5 comparison enlightened me to what was going on,,

Yamaha cut the presence from low mids and lower.. over compressed the drums... When identical sounds were compared you can tell easily they messed with the sounds.. They are not better than Tyros5..

If you ,listen close to SudClaviers comparison you will notice the Tyros5 will distort once in a while... they chopped the bottom of the Genos to avoid this..
The result the Genos lacks "punch" needed for a "live " sound..

Sometimes the demo sounds like they have a blanket over the speaker.. Genos lost clarity compared to the Tyros5 on identical sounds and rhythms.

Like others mentioned we have to wait to play a Genos before any final opinions can be verified..

Fran, The Genos sounds good online and im sure even better in the flesh -I too have watched so many demos and now its already becoming old news in my eyes and ears.

Initially I was going to jump right at a Genos with the intention to sell my PSR S970 and G70, and maybe even my Motif XS becuase I thought the Genos would incorporate some synth functionality... I was highly mistaken.

The real problem I have is that I own a G70... and every time I turn the G70 on and play it, I just say to myself - this keyboard is just too good to let go... A good problem to have though isn't it ;-)

#440826 - 11/12/17 08:09 PM Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Tony, I thought that was Lydia checking out your next, new keyboard. wink
All the best,
Gary cool

rotf2 laugh2 rotf2

#440828 - 11/12/17 09:24 PM Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) [Re: Nick G]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Nick G
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
When I first listened to Genos demos, I thought the drums and acoustic pianos were improved over the Tyros5..

I listened to many comparisons to Tyros5.

Many of the drums the Genos demoed varied, some sounded great others were bland..

The Tyros5 comparison enlightened me to what was going on,,

Yamaha cut the presence from low mids and lower.. over compressed the drums... When identical sounds were compared you can tell easily they messed with the sounds.. They are not better than Tyros5..

If you ,listen close to SudClaviers comparison you will notice the Tyros5 will distort once in a while... they chopped the bottom of the Genos to avoid this..
The result the Genos lacks "punch" needed for a "live " sound..

Sometimes the demo sounds like they have a blanket over the speaker.. Genos lost clarity compared to the Tyros5 on identical sounds and rhythms.

Like others mentioned we have to wait to play a Genos before any final opinions can be verified..

Fran, The Genos sounds good online and im sure even better in the flesh -I too have watched so many demos and now its already becoming old news in my eyes and ears.

Initially I was going to jump right at a Genos with the intention to sell my PSR S970 and G70, and maybe even my Motif XS becuase I thought the Genos would incorporate some synth functionality... I was highly mistaken.

The real problem I have is that I own a G70... and every time I turn the G70 on and play it, I just say to myself - this keyboard is just too good to let go... A good problem to have though isn't it ;-)

Nick you have to own a G70 to understand where we are coming from.. wink

#440833 - 11/13/17 02:24 AM Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) [Re: Chevy]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
OMG so true haha!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online