Yamaha Genos demo - very good :)

Posted by: Chevy

Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 11:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UDD1Tbrmdo
Posted by: Chevy

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 11:23 AM

Hm, maybe I will sell my AJ Ketron Audya!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 12:36 PM

Originally Posted By Chevy
Hm, maybe I will sell my AJ Ketron Audya!

Id keep the Audya if you want a live sound..... just sayin..
Posted by: jingleman

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 01:11 PM

Donny, I take it you don’t feel the Genos has a live sound.
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 01:29 PM

Better, but not an Audya in the sound department.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 01:35 PM

It sounds great,
this is the way we use the arranger keyboard around here!!
One man band like this, duo or trio mute some sounds treated by the rest of the gang. smile
very nice demo. Thanks for sharing.

That said, this one not bad either: wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7aOFqmIf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaSmQV4DLZA
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 02:13 PM

This is the best Genos video I’ve seen to this point. Good audio; no talking; lots of styles shown and lots of vocals. This is what I’d want to see, if I saw someone live on the Genos, or any arranger for that matter.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By J. Larry
This is the best Genos video I’ve seen to this point. Good audio; no talking; lots of styles shown and lots of vocals. This is what I’d want to see, if I saw someone live on the Genos, or any arranger for that matter.

I absolutely agree! And, to me, at least, it sounds very live.

This is probably the best Genos demo I have seen thus far. And for those that claimed early on it would not be a good keyboard for live performances, this guy is living proof that if you set it up properly it can be fantastic on stage.

Loved the vocals, and from my perspective, they were crisp, clean and clear, so that VH2 seems to have improved somewhat.

Gary cool
Posted by: guitpic1

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 02:19 PM

Wo sind die Demonstrationen auf Englisch?
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, I take it you don’t feel the Genos has a live sound.

Compared to KORG, Roland, & Ketron,? no,.......not that it's a bad thing its a different sound and very compressed but we all know that right?
In the end it's your happiness and money so don't listen to us just do what YOU think will be a good fit for you music needs...
good luck to you..
Posted by: hammer

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 03:26 PM

Folks,
I own a Ketron SD7 and a Yamaha Genos. The Genos in now way has the
sound of a real live band like my SD7 does. Sorry, but that is the fact. Does the Genos sound full and nice - yes. Are the new Revo drums equal to my Ketron SD7 - not even close folks.

Deane
Posted by: shueymusic

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 06:27 PM

For me, a “live” sound depends on perspective. Are you the keyboard player in this band and the mix is from your perspective? Are you in a bar and listening to a live band in the room? Are you the audience member in a big performance venue where the band is being processed and mix to sound like your original recording?

Right now, REVO drums could be a great upgrade to my creative process when I am programming my own tracks. Something new is always better to my ears. And then the sounds burn into my ears/brain. If Genos will offer new kits as expansion sounds in the future using wave cycling, then I could take advantage of the other 128 notes of polyphony.

Still need to hear one!!
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 06:37 PM

My 2 pennies worth. Seems to be lots of stones cast at the Genos I’m really not sure why. Yes there are kudos for it too, but for whatever reason I sense lots of negativity toward Genos, it puzzles me because very few have had the opportunity to play one. Yea I had an Sd7 too, sure it had great sound but I never liked it as a go to keyboard, I found it a bit archaic to navigate. Both Korg Songbook and Yamah registrations I find easier to use at gigs.

I’m with Mr. Shuey “still need to play one,” have had too much on my plate to get to Frankieve’s store, with any luck maybe this week I’ll get there.

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/10/17 06:44 PM

On the PSR Tutorial. smile

Gary cool
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/11/17 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Loved the vocals, and from my perspective, they were crisp, clean and clear

But they were smart to bury the harmonies deep in a dark place ... Still no comparison to TC.
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/11/17 06:36 PM

For most of us who play out live, the Genos videos of Pichler and Richter are of particular interest, since they show someone performing live and doing vocals, as well. We can listen all day to the new electronic styles and watch all the futzing with the knobs and sliders. So what? I want to see someone playing, singing, and entertaining live, using styles of interest to me. That’s why I buy arrangers.
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/11/17 08:40 PM

Steve ... Slightly off topic, but did you notice the woman sitting in the front row during "If Tomorrow Never Comes" ... bears a STRONG resemblance to the lady I'm married to, no ???

On the subject of the KB, I think it sounds really nice, but I would not judge the sound based on a video ...
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/11/17 08:56 PM

When I first listened to Genos demos, I thought the drums and acoustic pianos were improved over the Tyros5..

I listened to many comparisons to Tyros5.

Many of the drums the Genos demoed varied, some sounded great others were bland..

The Tyros5 comparison enlightened me to what was going on,,

Yamaha cut the presence from low mids and lower.. over compressed the drums... When identical sounds were compared you can tell easily they messed with the sounds.. They are not better than Tyros5..

If you ,listen close to SudClaviers comparison you will notice the Tyros5 will distort once in a while... they chopped the bottom of the Genos to avoid this..
The result the Genos lacks "punch" needed for a "live " sound..

Sometimes the demo sounds like they have a blanket over the speaker.. Genos lost clarity compared to the Tyros5 on identical sounds and rhythms.

Like others mentioned we have to wait to play a Genos before any final opinions can be verified..
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/12/17 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve ... Slightly off topic, but did you notice the woman sitting in the front row during "If Tomorrow Never Comes" ... bears a STRONG resemblance to the lady I'm married to, no ???

On the subject of the KB, I think it sounds really nice, but I would not judge the sound based on a video ...

Tony, I did notice the resemblence and with the cup all I could think of was having a cup of Espresso at your home. smile

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/12/17 06:44 PM

Tony, I thought that was Lydia checking out your next, new keyboard. wink

All the best,

Gary cool
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/12/17 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
When I first listened to Genos demos, I thought the drums and acoustic pianos were improved over the Tyros5..

Many of the drums the Genos demoed varied, some sounded great others were bland..

Yamaha cut the presence from low mids and lower.. over compressed the drums... When identical sounds were compared you can tell easily they messed with the sounds.. They are not better than Tyros5..

If you ,listen close to SudClaviers comparison you will notice the Tyros5 will distort once in a while... they chopped the bottom of the Genos to avoid this..

Sometimes the demo sounds like they have a blanket over the speaker.. Genos lost clarity compared to the Tyros5 on identical sounds and rhythms.

Like others mentioned we have to wait to play a Genos before any final opinions can be verified..

Fran, The Genos sounds good online and im sure even better in the flesh -I too have watched so many demos and now its already becoming old news in my eyes and ears.

Initially I was going to jump right at a Genos with the intention to sell my PSR S970 and G70, and maybe even my Motif XS becuase I thought the Genos would incorporate some synth functionality... I was highly mistaken.

The real problem I have is that I own a G70... and every time I turn the G70 on and play it, I just say to myself - this keyboard is just too good to let go... A good problem to have though isn't it ;-)
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/12/17 08:09 PM

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Tony, I thought that was Lydia checking out your next, new keyboard. wink
All the best,
Gary cool

rotf2 laugh2 rotf2
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/12/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By Nick G
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Fran, The Genos sounds good online and im sure even better in the flesh -I too have watched so many demos and now its already becoming old news in my eyes and ears.

Initially I was going to jump right at a Genos with the intention to sell my PSR S970 and G70, and maybe even my Motif XS becuase I thought the Genos would incorporate some synth functionality... I was highly mistaken.

The real problem I have is that I own a G70... and every time I turn the G70 on and play it, I just say to myself - this keyboard is just too good to let go... A good problem to have though isn't it ;-)

Nick you have to own a G70 to understand where we are coming from.. wink
Posted by: Nick G

Re: Yamaha Genos demo - very good :) - 11/13/17 02:24 AM

OMG so true haha!