SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#440583 - 11/08/17 08:38 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: DonM]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
EA7 will.. Sample an audio file , save as a user tone and record as a phrase .. assign to a pad switch..

Also the BK9 will in another fashion recording is assigned to last 7 keys..

#440629 - 11/09/17 08:22 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
no Break/Fill. You can use intro 1 for it sometimes, if you time it perfectly, but there are a lot of songs I do that need the break.

Hey Don,
Have you tried using the Arranger "OFF" button as a break? The drums will continue, and all other instruments will stop - then you just kick it back in. I use that sometimes even though I have a traditional "break" button.
ie: "Old Time R&R" ... breakdown for vocals and drums on a chorus - just turn off the arranger for a bit.
It works!

#440630 - 11/09/17 09:37 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: Fran Carango]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Fran, do either or both link to tempo?
Without sounding wonky?
Jim

#440631 - 11/09/17 09:54 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

I think everyone playing live needs to have a backup for if there is trouble with the main keyboard.

My only real negative about the EA7 was build and key quallity..
Buyt it sure is a lot cheeper then the 1000 and 970..

Still would love to see Roland make a high end arranger workstation...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#440632 - 11/09/17 09:58 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By DonM
no Break/Fill. You can use intro 1 for it sometimes, if you time it perfectly, but there are a lot of songs I do that need the break.

Hey Don,
Have you tried using the Arranger "OFF" button as a break? The drums will continue, and all other instruments will stop - then you just kick it back in. I use that sometimes even though I have a traditional "break" button.
ie: "Old Time R&R" ... breakdown for vocals and drums on a chorus - just turn off the arranger for a bit.
It works!

Actually one of the buttons is programmed to stop everything but the drums and bass, and I use that some. I sometimes use the Chord Memory button on the Korg to stop everything but drums, especially on Old Time Rock n Roll. smile

#440649 - 11/10/17 07:28 AM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: OldNewb]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By OldNewb
Fran, do either or both link to tempo?
Without sounding wonky?
Jim

The EA7 will not sync (wave/MP3) to rhythm. And I believe tempo change is locked out.. Key change is active..

The BK9 can assign to the top seven keys any wave/MP3 and sync to current rhythm.

I believe the tempo change is marginal because of artifacts..

I have software that does a decent job but will also create artifacts..

#440766 - 11/11/17 02:51 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: DonM]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I did some research on the Roland EA7 and the now discontinued BK-9 arranger a while back and I must say the EA7 packs a punch for the price you pay for it. Roland seems to be focused on reaching young people because their gear of late has been lower-priced products for the most part. They quit making the BK-9 arranger and there is no word of a higher end successor. Roland also stopped making traditional workstations as we all know which is a shame. From what I understand Roland is financially strapped but their lower-priced products seem to be selling pretty well at the moment. I think they could make a comeback financially if they started making cutting edge products again that appeal to professional musicians. Oh well..

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (11/11/17 02:51 PM)

#440769 - 11/11/17 03:57 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: keybplayer]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mike I remember seeing Keybplayer posting many post elsewhere. Where did you do most of your posts?

John C.

#440771 - 11/11/17 04:33 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: bruno123]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hi John. I have posted in other forums but it's been a while. I used to post quite a bit over at www.musicplayer.com but under a different username and also at psrtutorial. I tried recently to sign up again at psrtutorial but the website rejected it because it said the email I used was considered possible spam. I don't know why that would be because it was an www.outlook.com address which is owned by Microsoft, a company that is very serious about stopping spam in general. Joe Waters who is the administrator of psrtutorial and who I consider a friend has a great website but I guess I'll have to keep lurking for now until he allows outlook and/or yahoo based email accounts to sign up again. cool

All the best

Mike

#440774 - 11/11/17 04:57 PM Re: Roland E-A7 experiment [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike, send an email to Joe Waters and he will take care of you. jpwaters@gmail.com

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online