SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#440292 - 11/02/17 03:17 PM O.T. Quality of Life.
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Just found out my hip surgery = $55,000....Plus hospital stay...maybe $100,000. Insurance...thank you.

If I live through it all, will my life be better? Perhaps. My pain will be gone...I’ll sleep at night.

To date, I’ve(or 3M)probably forked out $1.5 million for me and my daughter...to better our lives.

If you were going to improve your quality of life(or the quality of life of your

audience)...what would you spend?

#440296 - 11/02/17 06:06 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Whatever it takes! My lungs are shot due to asbestosis, for which there is no cure, and my back is shot and three surgeons told me that surgery is not an option because I will end up paralyzed from the waist down - been there done that and don't wish to endure it again. If there was some miraculous cure that would restore my lungs, I would sell everything I own to make it happen. As for the back I live with constant pain, and now I think I will use Jim Beam Honey Bourbon as a medical write-off in my tax return, along with the morphine.

That said, tomorrow I'm going sailing, I'll eat mild, sweet Italian sausage for lunch cooked on the boat's gas grill and saute some sweet onions and red and yellow bell peppers to go with it. You only live once - Hmmm! I think there's a James Bond song there somewhere. wink

Good luck with the surgery,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440297 - 11/02/17 06:46 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

That said, tomorrow I'm going sailing, I'll eat mild, sweet Italian sausage for lunch cooked on the boat's gas grill and saute some sweet onions and red and yellow bell peppers to go with it.
Gary cool

I wasn't sailing and the grill was on the deck, but it was HOT Italian sausage with peppers, onions, and potatoes ...
Hope yours is as good as mine was, Gary ...

#440299 - 11/03/17 01:53 AM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: guitpic1]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Many years ago there was a movie call Soilent Green;(spelling?) a science fiction flick. Edward G. Roberson had but a few days to live; the year was somewhere in the distant future. They wheeled him into a room where there were pictures in the screen that surrounded him. The pictures were of the great oceans, wooded areas with dear, flying birds, and many others wonders of nature that he had not seen – things he had passed by.

Guitpic1, put all the todo’s, and must do’s behind you and rest in the beauty in your family, and the many things you never noticed before. Venture out and do something new and different. Feel, feel, feel.

Wow, I just wrote exactly what I am doing, John C.

#440306 - 11/03/17 06:42 AM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
LOVE that movie!! Ice was more valuable than money. What a weird twist at the end, eh?

#440317 - 11/03/17 12:14 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: Uncle Dave]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
You're also important to us and others.

Best personal regards and wishes for a successful outcome.

Russ

#440321 - 11/03/17 01:03 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: captain Russ]
guitpic1 Offline

Many tx all.

Although I didn’t express it very well, the $100,000 for this surgery makes the cost of about any keyboard seem reasonable....

And...keyboards have certainly improved the quality of my life and, I hope, have maybe made a bit of a better day for those that have heard my keyboard.

😊

#440327 - 11/03/17 06:33 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just got home from a full day sailing the upper reaches of Chesapeake Bay. The winds were perfect until about 3 p.m., then died out completely - the calm before the storm. While my two friends and I were sailing, I grilled some sweet Italian sausage on the boat's gas grill, and sauteed some sweet Vidalia onions and peppers in the galley, baked some fresh biscuits in the boat's oven, mixed up some garlic butter and served everything to the crew piping hot. It has always amazed me as to just how much better those meals taste when you're out sailing.

Shortly after getting back to the marina, the wind kicked up to about 35 MPH, which made me glad is was safely tied up and the boat was buttoned up tight for the night. My friend, Piotr, who is from Poland, invited us over to his boat where he prepared supper, which was fantastic, smoked Polish Kielbasa and red cabbage sauteed in a special sauce that his mother taught him how to cook when he was a youngster in Poland. He also served up some fresh, Polish bread. Oh my that was a sumptuous dinner, washed down with some dark rum over ice.

Though it was difficult for me to climb around the boat, I was able to accomplish everything that needed to be done, including raise an 80-pound sail up the mast and dock the boat under windy conditions against a strong tide. By the time I finally got into the van to drive home, I had to fire up my portable oxygen generator.

Now, as I sit here typing this, I'm sipping on a glass of Jim Bean Honey Bourbon over ice and loving life.

Live life to the fullest my friends, you only get to go around once, wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440338 - 11/03/17 11:57 PM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

👍👍👍

#440354 - 11/04/17 06:10 AM Re: O.T. Quality of Life. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Just got home from a full day sailing the upper reaches of Chesapeake Bay. The winds were perfect until about 3 p.m., then died out completely - the calm before the storm. While my two friends and I were sailing, I grilled some sweet Italian sausage on the boat's gas grill, and sauteed some sweet Vidalia onions and peppers in the galley, baked some fresh biscuits in the boat's oven, mixed up some garlic butter and served everything to the crew piping hot. It has always amazed me as to just how much better those meals taste when you're out sailing.

Shortly after getting back to the marina, the wind kicked up to about 35 MPH, which made me glad is was safely tied up and the boat was buttoned up tight for the night. My friend, Piotr, who is from Poland, invited us over to his boat where he prepared supper, which was fantastic, smoked Polish Kielbasa and red cabbage sauteed in a special sauce that his mother taught him how to cook when he was a youngster in Poland. He also served up some fresh, Polish bread. Oh my that was a sumptuous dinner, washed down with some dark rum over ice.

Though it was difficult for me to climb around the boat, I was able to accomplish everything that needed to be done, including raise an 80-pound sail up the mast and dock the boat under windy conditions against a strong tide. By the time I finally got into the van to drive home, I had to fire up my portable oxygen generator.

Now, as I sit here typing this, I'm sipping on a glass of Jim Bean Honey Bourbon over ice and loving life.

Live life to the fullest my friends, you only get to go around once, wink

Gary cool

Good to see your feeling much better and sailing your ship Gary....who knows maybe you can even go back and perform a few gigs a month again,...Im sure many of your fans really miss your music....?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online