SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#439477 - 10/20/17 05:07 PM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: leeboy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By leeboy
I want to see some great demos of NON contemporary music...lets here what the orchestral voices are like...are they BETTER than T-5 by a lot??
Lee

+ 1, I must be showing my age I prefer the styles that many arranger players here use. I'm stuck in a bygone era. I do completely understand why Yamaha is doing what they are doing they need to attract new blood.

Edited by Stephenm52 (10/20/17 05:07 PM)

#439479 - 10/20/17 06:34 PM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Most of those young ones can't afford one...they better stick to us old farts....
I hope they do get the younger crowd but...just sayin....

Ha, Ha,
Lee

#439480 - 10/20/17 06:40 PM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439488 - 10/20/17 10:52 PM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The thing is though , all of the legacy and premium package styles will work on the genos just like they did on the T5,4,3,2 etc . Therefore those that prefer the more tradition styles are not disadvantaged at all . If you liked the T5 you will love the genos too regardless of the contemporary styles onboard .

For years as a younger keyboard player (under 50 ) , I had to see past the cheesy demos of older styles and more culturally diverse styles which make up 80 percent of the content of most arrangers , and instead focus on what I knew I would be able to do with the 20 percent I liked and the styles and content I knew in my head I could create .

Finally we are seeing the balance shift more in favour of the contemporary styles I like to play . That’s great news for everyone as now the true potential of these types of machine are being marketed as truly the Swiss Army knife we have always said it was .

But Yamaha need to get some more demos out for those customers who for some reason can’t see past these new styles or imagine what they could do with the board or have missed the message that the genos is still the same old arranger in some new clothes but the wardrobe is full of clothes so you can wear what you like !!

It’s a shame that Yamaha needs to spell this out , but clearly from reading some of the comments on this forum , Yamaha needs to spell this out more forcefully ( without alienating the new market they are after ).

But the prices are rediculous and the sensible trade up now would be to purchase a cheap T5 or 4 .

Edited by spalding1968 (10/20/17 10:55 PM)

#439502 - 10/21/17 02:05 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: spalding1968]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By spalding1968
The thing is though , all of the legacy and premium package styles will work on the genos just like they did on the T5,4,3,2 etc . Therefore those that prefer the more tradition styles are not disadvantaged at all . If you liked the T5 you will love the genos too regardless of the contemporary styles onboard ............

But the prices are rediculous and the sensible trade up now would be to purchase a cheap T5 or 4 .

+1
Thinking about it, with a price gap aprox £1000 or even more between Genos and the other brands upper class arrangers it's maybe a good reason (at least for me) to keep the T4 and add a PA4X-76 (or SD9)..... confused
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#439506 - 10/21/17 05:09 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I didn't know that we know for sure that ALL the old T-5 styles are NOT in there????
Just because most of the demos so fare feature different stuff...does that mean the old ones are NOT there and NOT even better due to enhanced sound quality??

#439508 - 10/21/17 05:58 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: leeboy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Most of those young ones can't afford one...they better stick to us old farts....

Ha, Ha,
Lee

Young people spend money on new tech toys. Facts Per Charles Schwab.

Attachments
Spending.png

Edited by Jerryghr (10/21/17 06:51 AM)

#439513 - 10/21/17 07:05 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Jerryghr]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Jerryghr

Ha, Ha,
Lee

Young people spend money on new tech toys. Facts Per Charles Schwab.

That's why they don't have money for a Genos! smile

#439518 - 10/21/17 07:51 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I really don't understand those on this forum that think $4,500 is a lot of money for a TOTL arranger keyboard. These are the same folks that don't blink to spend $45,000 on a new car, their wives spend $5,000 on an air bed that tilts, shell out $4,000 a year for lawn and garden services, pay $350 a month for condo fees, climb aboard a cruise ship with their spouse for a week and shell out $2,500 for fattening food and a small cabin, plus a booze bill of $1,200, and the list goes on. The cost of a Genos is chump change by comparison, especially for something that can not only provide you years of entertainment, for some of us, it could produce a damned good income for years to come.

Give me a break! smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439523 - 10/21/17 08:45 AM Re: Sadi - Yamaha Genos Session Vol. 1 [Re: travlin'easy]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I really don't understand those on this forum that think $4,500 is a lot of money for a TOTL arranger keyboard. These are the same folks that don't blink to spend $45,000 on a new car, their wives spend $5,000 on an air bed that tilts, shell out $4,000 a year for lawn and garden services, pay $350 a month for condo fees, climb aboard a cruise ship with their spouse for a week and shell out $2,500 for fattening food and a small cabin, plus a booze bill of $1,200, and the list goes on. The cost of a Genos is chump change by comparison, especially for something that can not only provide you years of entertainment, for some of us, it could produce a damned good income for years to come.

Give me a break! smile

Gary cool

Plus latest IPhones and the monthly fees, 50"+ Smart TVs, Cable fees, Tablets, Computers etc............

Jerryghr

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online