Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#439454 - 10/20/17 12:16 PM Re: Genos [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Your posts proves my point..

You need to connect the keyboard to transmit the note on /off and data... to the DAW.. You also have to midi back to play the keyboard sound source...

Not to efficient on the spur of the moment.. Having it in a self contained hardware is way better..
Take your PA4x for examples...You both own one.. Try this in your DAW and compare it to using the onboard sequencer in the Korg..

Record a midi capture of the Korg arrangement (style).. a SMF.. Now modify the insert effect and / or change the effect, now change the tone to a sampled user tone on the Korg.. Strip the excess system exclusive message or add one to the sequence..
Now add lyrics to the SMF... Don't forget to maybe change the bass line at the end of the sequence...add a ride cymbal at the end..

You can do this with just the PA4x ... on stage..

Now do this on your Daw...get back to me in a couple days with the results.... oh that's right you can't do the above in the DAW..

My bet either of you have never used the on board sequencer in detail... or learned how to use it..

Yes the DAW has advantages ... most in audio ... not midi..

Try midi edditing using a piano roll tool
Or try adding some automation to a track..

Every step of edditing you do to the midi goes so much faster on the daw that the actuall up and dowload takes near to no time compared to the time you won with the efficient edditing

Bachus piano roll , step sequencing and other like tools were designed for the non player..

I have used them and prefer to play the parts.. as in punch in..etc.

I am sure you know what I am saying about all in one operation ..
What could be better than correct something in the instrument that created it..
No cables, no computers, no hassle..

#439455 - 10/20/17 12:23 PM Re: Genos [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

at this point I think my KORG Pa4x will be like Frans Roland G70 regarding having it for life ....am I right? or?

Well, I hear ya, but It's hard to believe you after crying "WOLF" so many, many times. My friendly advice - Lay low, keep using the 4x, and stop swearing that it's the best thing since sliced audio waves. I love ya bud, but your credibility regarding longevity, and loyalty is a bit skewed. Stay on the down-low for a bit.
Hearing you sing the "I love my 4X FOREVAH" tune just isn't believable. Pace yourself. Run the long race. Show us your longevity in practice, instead of theory.
Remember - I LOVE YA! (but, you make me crazy, sometimes)

I'm telling you Dave this is it for me,
with only a few arrangers left what is really so called
The best?......
enjoy what you play or use to make music.....

Edited by Dnj (10/20/17 12:35 PM)

#439489 - 10/20/17 10:53 PM Re: Genos [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

I'm telling you Dave this is it for me,

OK - I'm watching you, pal.

#439490 - 10/20/17 11:05 PM Re: Genos [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I agree with fran on this one. I use my onboard sequencer exclusively to make backing tracks for my group and others . And I also agree with chas in terms of there is no best method , only the method that works best for you .

#439503 - 10/21/17 02:13 AM Re: Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Even so, I would hate to think he is falsely crowing about his new investment. However short or long term his adoration lasts, I am sure his attitude translates to more productive enjoyment, and that's the name of the game.

#439520 - 10/21/17 08:03 AM Re: Genos [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Keep in mind that when Donny changes arranger keyboards there is no fanfare - it's usually a covert operation that takes place in the middle of the night. Then, one day, someone notices that his logo on his posts has changed. Whoops! What the hell happened? wink Oh, the keyboard that met HIS NEEDS no longer met HIS NEEDS. The marriage is suddenly over and it's off to another new love. wink Kinda like watching a ping-pong match.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online