SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#439233 - 10/16/17 07:21 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
rotfl

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439234 - 10/16/17 08:28 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Oh ! Come on Fran. You are just a big cynic.............But I agree with you. No Facebook for me.
Sometimes I wonder how I get through the day without it, but I seem to manage !!

Ray dance clap

#439250 - 10/17/17 08:02 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: Fran Carango]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Couldn't have said it better!

Always good to see you around Fran.

Russ
(The guy in the weird hat behind the policeman)

#439251 - 10/17/17 08:47 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Facebook has turned out to be the best business card I ever had ... and FREE!

#439254 - 10/17/17 10:11 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi
FB is too volatile for a long lasting conversation...
And it is filled with "noise"...
A distant friend of one of my distant friends has changed his cover photo... Do I need to know?
A distant friend of mine loves his local baker, florist, butcher... Do I need to know?

Jørgen

#439255 - 10/17/17 10:14 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

That's why there's an "off" button. Check in when you want - see who you want.

#439258 - 10/17/17 10:43 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Never had an interest in Facebook. Instead, I would rather meet people face to face, shake their hand, hug and kiss the ladies, and have a two-way conversation without hiding behind a screen or touchpad. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but I've managed to make it through life without facebook, twitter, etc... and I intend to keep on keepin on as long as I can without those distractions.

I had some young folks on the boat with me a couple months ago. It was a beautiful day, we sailed down the upper reaches of Chesapeake Bay on moderate winds at speeds of 5 to 7 knots, passed through several small waterways where ospreys, great blue herons and American eagles were sighted constantly as they fed on small herring migrating down the rivers and bay. The sky was very clear, the weather was perfect, just a few, small, puffy, white clouds drifting overhead. Here and there, large striped bass were surfacing, probably feeding on the migrating herring as well. As we approached the main shipping channel, a myriad of mega-yachts could be seen exiting the C&D Canal and Elk River as they made their way south toward Florida, the Bahamas and points farther south. What beautiful boats they were. Unfortunately, the young people in the boat rarely saw any of this - they were glued to their Smartphones, texting their friends, checking Facebook, Email, Twitter, etc... It was so sad to watch.

I wonder how they will be able interact with other people when they grow older? Will they really be able to show affection? Will they really know how to comfort someone in their time of need or grief? For some reason, I seriously doubt they will be able to do these things because they tend to live and die by that tiny screen in their hands. It's so sad!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439261 - 10/17/17 11:01 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: bruno123]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Gary,

Truer words were never spoken. I have a flip phone because it's cheap but I am constantly threatening to go back to a land line because I hate it.

#439263 - 10/17/17 11:49 AM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: Uncle Dave]
joso Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
That's why there's an "off" button. Check in when you want - see who you want.

Right...
But why become friends if you turn off the communication...?
Jørgen

#439267 - 10/17/17 01:55 PM Re: I Love SynthZone -- What can we add? [Re: joso]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By joso
But why become friends if you turn off the communication...?

I turn off the auto communication. I choose to follow only whom I want, but I can stay connected to everyone, and check in when I want to, like when there's something pertinent. Like it, or not, social media is here to stay, and my audience uses it, so I need to keep an internet presence, or loose momentum to my competition.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online