SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#439218 - 10/16/17 12:28 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By SemiLiveMusic
Aw, heck, I thought he was pretty good. He'd be fun as party entertainment!

That made me think of an old friend. He used to play at a lot of dive bars in Keansburg NJ ( real blue collar town full of dive bars ) and he was so bad he was good. I mean after a while of his 2 / 4 steady beat on his drum machine, singing out of Rhythm, and his non senseical doodling on the keyboard you just had to laugh and have a good time. He always worked pretty steady and when I tried polietly to help him with the Rhythm of his singing he would just make an excuse and let it go.

#439220 - 10/16/17 12:45 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
Hey teacher, leave those kids alone!

(Pink Floyd - "We Don't Need No Education")

Edited by Melodious (10/16/17 12:46 PM)

#439222 - 10/16/17 12:52 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis

That made me think of an old friend. He used to play at a lot of dive bars in Keansburg NJ ( real blue collar town full of dive bars ) and he was so bad he was good. I mean after a while of his 2 / 4 steady beat on his drum machine, singing out of Rhythm, and his non senseical doodling on the keyboard you just had to laugh and have a good time. He always worked pretty steady and when I tried polietly to help him with the Rhythm of his singing he would just make an excuse and let it go.

HUEY?

#439226 - 10/16/17 01:37 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA

That's funny, Bill, kinda what I meant by my silly post. Like... hey, drunks would love the guy, lol.

#439227 - 10/16/17 03:34 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

HUEY?
Originally Posted By Dnj
[quote=SemiLiveMusic]Aw, heck, I thought he was pretty good. He'd be fun as party entertainment!

HUEY?

Hey Donny
So funny you should mention him . Crazy Huey was this guys idol. His name was Joe DiMaggio ( yes really, and he was a gym teacher in my school system ) He used to bill himself as Joe DiMag, the poor man's Crazy Huey!
Gotta love those days. I still have some Cassettes he made. He looked just like Alan Sherman of "Hello Mother Hello Father " fame

#439232 - 10/16/17 07:02 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Bill remember Huey at the Shore Point Inn...

Edited by Dnj (10/16/17 07:05 PM)

#439236 - 10/16/17 09:27 PM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Was I the only person that noticed that all the windows had steel bars over them? Wonder where he was playing?

Gary cool

I lived in the Dutch Caribean (Curacao) for a few years. Almost all homes there have these bars.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#439246 - 10/17/17 07:34 AM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Bill remember Huey at the Shore Point Inn...

Oh yea. I can still picture it. Huey and his dysfunctional drummer Kansas City Al. AL used to just play cymbals or whatever over the steady boom boom boom of the drum machine. Huey would be banging on the G bass pedal and slopping around some chords to a Neil Diamond song on his Hammond B2000 and the people wearing "Huey's Organ Riders"
t- shirts would be doing a conga line around the room.
6 nights a week.
You can't make this stuff up !

#439247 - 10/17/17 07:50 AM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hate is a string word. Better to be thankful, for most of us, that we are capable of doing musically and with our dress code what others have no idea about.

Just saying, John C.Hate is a string word. Better to be thankful, for most of us, that we are capable of doing musically and with our dress code what others have no idea about.
Just saying, John C.

PS, We A-R-E in a special class; let's talk about we have been given in a humble manner. There's some fantastic talents here.

#439249 - 10/17/17 07:57 AM Re: OT Reason To Hate Arranger Players [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, Personally, I would not live in any place where the honest citizens are behind bars - nearly everyplace I've lived we rarely locked the doors, let alone placed bars on the windows. When we lived in the Northwest US, most of the homes didn't have locks on the doors at all - didn't need them.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online