SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#439037 - 10/14/17 03:34 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I saw a video that compared the Genos to something else (not sure, maybe T5, maybe 4x) and they mentioned that the Genos cannot edit sounds or styles - said they were READ ONLY. Can this be possible? In a "workstation" of that price point?
If you're considering this beast - you might want to check this rumor out further.

Lots of style edditing on board
Only basic sound edditing on board
The deep edditing and sound creation is done trough a new version of Yem

There is still the rumor Yamaha plans to add deep sound edditing and a piano roll midi editor and much much more trough an ipad app

No wi am wondering why i quoted myself..

Edited by Bachus (10/14/17 03:34 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#439039 - 10/14/17 07:38 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Mirza, I have edited more than a dozen sounds using the onboard programs and never had a problem - they all came out great and have been downloaded thousands of times. There is nothing poor about the sound editing and style editing programs on Yamaha arranger keyboards, but only if someone takes the time to read the damned user manual. If you don't read the manual, then it's a user problem - not a keyboard program problem.

Have you ever edited any of the voices or styles on your T5? If so, how about posting them so we can all benefit from your expertise. I have posted my entire USB drive with thousands upon thousands of edited styles and many, many edited voices.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Gary, I didn’t say there is no sound editing. I said it has a very poor sound editing for today’s standard, especially considering the price. Actually , the sound editing on Yamaha arrangers is pretty bad even if we compare it keyboards that were here 15 or 20 years ago.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#439040 - 10/14/17 07:46 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

How many arranger players really indulge in serious sound editing s push & play?

#439044 - 10/14/17 08:37 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto! And, do you really, sincerely, believe it amounts to a hill of beans to your audiences. C'mon, Mirza, post some of YOUR highly edited sounds so we can use them in OUR keyboards.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439048 - 10/14/17 08:59 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
How many arranger players really indulge in serious sound editing s push & play?

How many arranger players love to load those sounds created by the few players that do like to create them?

Having edditing features works 2 ways..
You will be able to create them yourself
But you will also be able to use what others created
With good edditing features much more people will become creative and share
Espescially the yamaha community loves sharing what they created

#439049 - 10/14/17 09:00 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Who in the world would spend time editing voices, when they could be playing the instrument, with great sounds as they are? Except for fiddling with the effects and other minor changes.

#439051 - 10/14/17 09:15 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: J. Larry]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By J. Larry
Who in the world would spend time editing voices, when they could be playing the instrument, with great sounds as they are? Except for fiddling with the effects and other minor changes.

People that want to sound different then others?
People creating authentic music with their instruments?

Why edit your styles with every performance you make
And not edit the sounds?

#439052 - 10/14/17 09:17 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

especially most are playing in their living rooms......ease of play is what sells arrangers

#439056 - 10/14/17 09:50 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For the most part, at least with Yamaha, they have already done the creative work when it comes to their onboard sounds/voices. The breath sounds with the sax's trumpets, fingering sounds with many of the guitars, etc... I love what I hear, but there are times when I wanted just a bit more, which is when I went too the onboard sound creator program and began to experiment. This solved the problem of the thin sounding ground piano sound when the Yamaha grand piano was played using a mono PA system. I uploaded that sound to the PSR Tutorial site many years ago and it has been downloaded thousands of times. Users claim it is their go to piano voice for most of their music.

While some players only use 10 to 12 voices and styles at most, in contrast, some of us, including myself, use hundreds of styles and voices, mainly for diversity so every song doesn't sound like the last song performed. Keep in mind this is why a lot of the have guitar will travel performers in the Florida Keys and other parts of the nation don't get a lot of repeat work and paid $50 a night for a 4 hour performance. Diversity is why I love the keyboards and diversity is why keyboard players can appear to any audience.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#439061 - 10/14/17 11:29 AM Re: GENOS - read only sounds and styles? [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Check out this video by Qui Robinez, he is a semi professional sound designer for the Kronos that recently got to own a pa4x

https://youtu.be/63MfQzDdnu0

These sounds are created from scratch with the Pa4x synth engine, only using onboard samples..
Now with Korg, most people are asking money for what they create
Which is akin to how this world works

If it was Yamaha, then these kind of selfcreated voices would be shared with the community

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online