Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#438963 - 10/12/17 03:11 PM Re: Interesting [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Maybe it's because I'm young and have good vision that I've never found it to be a problem?

Well excuse us mr. teenager... laugh2

ha ha Tony I couldn’t resist that comment, I knew it would get someone’s attention. Yup a 65 year old teenager!!

Originally Posted By cgiles
BTW, if you house gets burglarized and only the B3 is missing, it was me.

smile

chas

Chas, the only thing that remains is the PA4x and S970 everything else was either sold or traded. It was a mistake selling the B3 and using it as a bed was not an option. smile

#438964 - 10/12/17 03:32 PM Re: Interesting [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, if they went to supertwist, direct sunlight actually would make the screen brighter and not reflect back at you. TFT Supertwist allows the light to go through the display, then reflects the light back through the images with greater intensity. This technology has been around in the recreational marine industry for more than a decade, but the music industry seems to have failed to pick up on it until just this past year. I guess we will have to wait and see how actual owners/users feel about the display.

Gary cool

The problem with supertwist is there slow response time, resolution, accuracy and detail, which makes them completely unsuitable for keyboard, phone, and tablet etc. use.

If the above is not paramount (Such as in marine displays) then the visible in sunlight positives come into play, (Again marine displays are one) and thus supertwist is ideal.

Bill

#438965 - 10/12/17 04:13 PM Re: Interesting [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I work with a Supertwist touch-screen display every day I'm on my boat and it is pretty darned fast, IMO. I touch the screen and within a fraction of a second the selected menu appears, another touch and another fraction of a second and I have a course laid out to my destination. The only slow thing about any GPS/Plotter with Supertwist is the time it takes to load new charts, which has nothing to do with the display.

The resolution and accuracy of my Lowrance HDS7 Gen2 is incredible, especially considering that just a decade ago, we were viewing displays that were essentially dot matrix in quality. Despite the fact that I am working with just a 480 X 640 resolution, keep in mind that is all on a screen that measures just 7 inches diagonal, which provides incredibly sharp images. The screen I use is larger than the screen on my PSR-S950, but about 2 inches smaller than on the Genos.

The demos I've seen from the Genos display appear to be quite sharp, clear and accurate, but as yet, I have not been able to determine exactly which technology they used for the display. I guess this is one of those "To Be Determined" items that we will eventually find out about.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438973 - 10/13/17 01:40 AM Re: Interesting [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Anyone have any thoughts on the PaA4X vs. Genos comparison?

#438975 - 10/13/17 02:58 AM Re: Interesting [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Swings and Roundabouts, until you try them you will never know which you prefer.

NOTE: The Genos is new so quite expensive, best to wait a couple of months for the deals to start appearing before purchase, (Let the nutters purchase the first batches at the over inflated prices) which will bring the prices closer together.

Under NO circumstances buy anything from an online demo without trying first (Or at least make sure you can return the item if it doesn’t suit) as that is a complete recipe for disaster. (On the flip side a couple of days later you can get some cracking deals on EBay as users who did not follow the above advice try and off load them.

Bill

#438976 - 10/13/17 05:22 AM Re: Interesting [Re: abacus]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By abacus

NOTE: The Genos is new so quite expensive, best to wait a couple of months for the deals to start appearing before purchase, (Let the nutters purchase the first batches at the over inflated prices) which will bring the prices closer together.

Regarding prices.
Here in Norway I've noticed that the prices for T5 various "packs" has increased quite a lot lately.
In fact this has been done during the past months.
T5/76 and Genos are now listed to aprox US$ 5750
PA4X/76 at US$ 4430 (Currency 1$ = NKR 7,70)
Audya and SD9 are pretty much close to Korg, and gap up to T5 was far lower earlier this year.

I don't know what expect to see inside T5 and Genos, probably pure gold and platina all over? confused
Reminds me of the cost of Audya when it finally was released.....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#438988 - 10/13/17 10:16 AM Re: Interesting [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"9" TFT VGA LCD touchscreen display"

#438995 - 10/13/17 10:43 AM Re: Interesting [Re: abacus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By guitpic1

Swings and Roundabouts, until you try them you will never know which you prefer.

Under NO circumstances buy anything from an online demo without trying first (Or at least make sure you can return the item if it doesn’t suit) as that is a complete recipe for disaster. (On the flip side a couple of days later you can get some cracking deals on EBay as users who did not follow the above advice try and off load them.

Bill

First off, I think there are some good deals out there already for early adopters.

As far as buying the Genos when it comes out....I’ve had four Yamaha keyboards including a Tyros...no problems with any of them. If I was in the market for a Genos...I’d order now. Good early adopter pricing and past experience with Yamaha tells me the Genos will be at least as good as a Tyros and, and, most likely, a lot better.

#439033 - 10/14/17 03:09 AM Re: Interesting [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve if I am correct you no longer have all those keyboards; you just keep upgrading to the best new ones. If I’m right then you have a passion/interest for the new innovations and possibilities. I too have this passion. The passion also flows through the rest of my life.

Life is good.
John C.

#439034 - 10/14/17 03:13 AM Re: Interesting [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Steve if I am correct you no longer have all those keyboards; you just keep upgrading to the best new ones. If I’m right then you have a passion/interest for the new innovations and possibilities. I too have this passion. The passion also flows through the rest of my life.

Life is good.
John C.

John you "hit the nail on the head," I no longer have all those keyboards, I usually sell and upgrade. I like your "I have this passion too." smile

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online