SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43884 - 02/19/07 06:07 AM Keyboardsound changes pitch! Help!
Burken Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hey guys, my first post here!

Have any of you guys experienced that the keyboard sound you load in Kontakt (Native instruments) or if you load a VST synth changes pitch?
I take a chord, hold it for a few seconds and the patch changes pitch, almost a halftone higher.
It doesn't matter which sf2 file I load in Kontakt or which VST softsynth I use, the outcome is the same.
I've been using Cubase since 1997 and I have never exeprienced this before. I'm using Cubase SX right now.

Any help is really appreciated!

/J

#43885 - 02/19/07 07:06 AM Re: Keyboardsound changes pitch! Help!
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Burken.

Welcome to the Forum where I am sure you will get the answer you are looking for.

I do not edit sounds much but if I had your problem I think the first thing I would do is:-

Press PROGRAM MENUS - (the screen will change showing various functions.

Scroll down and Press PITCH - (3 pages)

Go to Page 2 where you will find the PITCH ENVELOPE. Check to see how it is set up and whether it changes when you hold you chord for a few seconds. If it does, I would try changing it to the level meeded to synchronize with the original.

This may not be the answer to your problem but it's certainly worth a try. If it does not, keep your question on the Forum for a few days, I'm sure one of our 'Techies' will come up with the answer sometime or other.

Good luck!

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 02-19-2007).]

#43886 - 02/19/07 07:23 AM Re: Keyboardsound changes pitch! Help!
Burken Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hey Audrey and thx for your post.
I will try that

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online