SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4388 - 06/09/07 02:11 PM Why has it, become so quiet around here?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

I just got an email from 3351 aka: ED, and he was telling me, that, it has become quite around here, and wanted to know why? Actually, I had noticed the same thing as well. It seems, that more people are taking about aranger keyboards, more then about synthesizers. Which to me, seems a bit odd on a website called the Synth Zone. However, I do find more traffic in the Bar, then I do in the General Discussion Section. Eeven the Vintage Synth Explorer, gets, more traffic then this board.

Maybe we need to change things up a bit around here, and make it more exciteing. After all this Board and Web site are about synthesizers? One post on the VSE froum, that got a lot of attention. Was a theard, where people could post photo's of there home studios. That one post got well over 1,000 replies. There is even, a theard, for Interesting Ebay Acutions. That one get's a ton of responses too. There is a post helping newbies, when buying a synth, or buying a new synth. I will even hear people go into great detail, why one synth is better then another.

I know I don't post on here, like I used to, but it seems, to me as if the energy, has decreased, and I for one would like to see it come back! Maybe Nigel could remove the catagories, that don't get many, or any posts, and keep the ones that do. Like the BAR, and the Aranger Froum, as well as the General Discussion froum. Just a suggestion, Nigel.

Maybe, we have hit a slump, and we just need to come back, but make it FRESH, and Exciteing! I know I for one, will try to post more on here.

Okay, enough of my ranting, I just wanted to share my thought's and ideas.

Peace!

#4389 - 06/11/07 03:39 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think a lot of people just don't want to get into some of the petty arguements that pop up frequently.

It's not worth the trouble. Lot's of folks look but won't bring up anything that will be mis-interpreted. That, of course, makes for a major reduction in the quantity of what ends up here.

The sensible thing to do is be open-minded about opinions about boards, amps, songs, changes...whatever. What's needed is an atmosphere where each can voice a well thought out opinion without worrying about the comment generating a personal attack.

Sadly, in some cases, we've done it to ourselves.

What a shame.

R.

#4390 - 06/11/07 03:43 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Yes, it is Russ.

#4391 - 06/12/07 07:28 AM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Quote:
I think a lot of people just don't want to get into some of the petty arguements that pop up frequently

Haven't seen too many of them here. Granted there were some disagreements in the past (like 2 years ago may be...) but it was all well within reason. You're probably thinking about The Bar or the General Arranger KB forums. ...But even a few spats that happen there once in a while are not a big deal. I've seen a lot worse in other forums. Forums that have a lot more traffic mind you.

Perhaps this kind of thing happens to all forums. Less people posting, less traffic, things naturally slowing down. Forum regulars moving on and finding other things to do and other forums to post in.

cheers,

-ED-

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 06-12-2007).]

#4392 - 06/12/07 07:56 AM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Could be good weather and lots of activities going on!

Jerry

#4393 - 06/13/07 08:59 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
Everybody gave up and went VST, and those with the real synths already know how to use and fix them. Also, the teenagers must hate the 1995 stylings of this bulletin board. Has none of the "wet look" or whatever that bastard that changes my oil goes on and on about.

I like this bulletin board, but I fear it is not long for this world.

#4394 - 06/15/07 12:24 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
I have been workign like a dog these past few months.....I just logged on now and haven't been here in months maybe...

#4395 - 06/15/07 12:47 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Synth Zone is just fine...

#4396 - 06/21/07 12:27 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
Chris Attison Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY.
I think the reason why this place is seldom visited is because of the current trends in music. This place had people signing in here everyday asking the same questions on an hourly basis. In the late 90's and early 2000s synth music was in vogue ala Moby, Crystal Method, Chem Bros, etc. Now its mostly throw away pop stars and metal revival groups that for the most part, are boring.

Thats my opinion, and you know what opinions are like.....

#4397 - 06/21/07 10:24 PM Re: Why has it, become so quiet around here?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Oh wow ...... it's Chris It's really great to see you again. How has life been treating you anyway since you were here last.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online