SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438778 - 10/09/17 08:06 AM Korg Havian 30
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am about to pull the trigger to order this 88 weighted key arranger from Korg..
I can get one new at a discounted price.. it list most of the current PA features less pads, sampling, the best sound bank..etc

What bothers me the most... I don't like the sound listening to the offerings on the internet..

Does anyone have experience with the Havian30?

I am one button away from ordering one....but the sounds don't sound right to me.. I figured if it sounds like the PA900 etc it would be a go...

Talk to me... Talk me out of it or into it..

No I don't need it...maybe I don't even want it... price is the major factor...seems like a bargain..

#438779 - 10/09/17 08:22 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I am about to pull the trigger to order this 88 weighted key arranger from Korg..
I can get one new at a discounted price.. it list most of the current PA features less pads, sampling, the best sound bank..etc

What bothers me the most... I don't like the sound listening to the offerings on the internet..

Does anyone have experience with the Havian30?

I am one button away from ordering one....but the sounds don't sound right to me.. I figured if it sounds like the PA900 etc it would be a go...

No I don't need it...maybe I don't even want it... price is the major factor...seems like a bargain..

Nice piano sounds, okay keybed, and the pa300 arranger section to boot with..

I was once on the verge of buying it as controller for vst’s and hardware modules..
Reasons i did not buy it..
No multipads
No audio input
No physical midi

But if you are looking for a mobile piano with arranger features, this is the only viable choice.. just treat it like a piano with added areanger features and not like an arranger with 88 keys

http://keyszone.boards.net

#438780 - 10/09/17 08:32 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I had one. Had a annoying noise when the sound died out. Thought it was an defect so I got a replacement. Same issue. So i got a Casio PX 560. Best buy ever.

#438784 - 10/09/17 10:07 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Wow - this is what happens on a rainy day in Philly. There is NO WAY you'll like that. Weighted keys? ... really, you? It's the lower end of Korg's internal guts ... you'll hate it. Go buy some ice cream.

#438788 - 10/09/17 10:26 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
WHY Fran

not that good it that price for a reason.

#438791 - 10/09/17 10:57 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Now that I realize it is a PA300 with a Fatar 100 keybed... I will pass on it..

Same reasons that Bachus mentioned gave me my first concerns...

Heading out to Dairy Delite....

#438794 - 10/09/17 11:55 AM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
I had one. Had a annoying noise when the sound died out. Thought it was an defect so I got a replacement. Same issue. So i got a Casio PX 560. Best buy ever.

Still dont like the casio styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#438796 - 10/09/17 12:02 PM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Funny that you bring this up Fran, as I have been checking out this keyboard lately too.

We are about to move to a new house which is a bit bigger than our current house, but the I don't think the layout will allow my to play my acoustic piano at odd hours without disturbing my wife and kids.... Hence, I'm searching for a digital solution. I'd like something with styles too just to mess around with, maybe just to entertain company and such.

I've looked at a Yamaha DGX, sounds were good, styles were all right, but it didn't really feel like a piano, plus it's rather bulky..

I tried a Casio CPG 700 and I liked the feel, slicker design, nice touch screen the styles were good enough for home but not as good as Yamaha, but the keys made a lot of noise. I was even wondering if the sound of the keys would annoy everyone at home while they are trying to sleep or study.

Next I tried a Roland fp 50. It feels wonderful, like a nice
acoustic. Piano and electric pianos were awesome. No brass or other sounds other than piano, EP, and strings. I could live with that, but the styles were kind of hard to access, also I couldn't figure out how to silence the LH when playing with the auto accompaniment. Maybe it's possible?

So "on paper" it appears that the Korg Havian could provide a good piano experience plus it has a full arranger and lots of other sounds. I like the touch screen and the chord sequencer would be a great practice tool. The problem is I have no idea how it feels. No dealers seem to carry it around here. From all the YouTube videos I've seen, I think it's differently sounds good enough for home, but I'm curious about the feel.

If anyone has one, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#438801 - 10/09/17 12:31 PM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: Fran Carango]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#438805 - 10/09/17 01:29 PM Re: Korg Havian 30 [Re: synerjim]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By synerjim

yes, I've seen that review. Pianoman Chuck seems to like it, and he's tried like every digital piano ever smile Seriously, he does bring up several strong points of the Havian which makes it seem to be a strong contender.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online