SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#438707 - 10/08/17 12:50 AM New Genos demo
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Found this link posted at PSR Tutorial Forum.
Thought it was worth sharing.
(Sweetwater demo by M Harris)

Direct YT link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFBTh3YC9C0&feature=youtu.be
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#438708 - 10/08/17 04:47 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

for some reason they are not showing off more traditional styles in genos demos?

#438709 - 10/08/17 05:07 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj
for some reason they are not showing off more traditional styles in genos demos?

I think that they try to reach the younger generation and other than the average and usual arranger users.
Have not seen any stylelist yet, but I'm pretty sure most of the T4/5 styles are present, and updated for Genos.
We will probably see and hear more if or when Michel Vonken do as he use to when demo.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#438711 - 10/08/17 06:38 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have to admit - Yamaha nailed it with this one. This is the best instrument demo I've seen, maybe ever. The best thing they did was call it a workstation, and move away from the "arranger" label. This will attract a fresh, new audience of players of all ages. No need to showcase polkas and rhumbas ... I'm sure they're all in there, and we all know what they sound like. I was a little skeptical of the early hype, but my hat's off to Yamaha - they lived up to it.
It's still not for me (no speakers, too much real estate, no TC harmony), but it just may be the best sounding production station out there.
Before you all start in with why your **** is better, let me just say, objectively, that the past 10 years or so have produced some of the greatest musical tools I've ever seen, or heard. I'd be very happy playing almost anything out there today, and I'm grateful that Korg kinda "gets me" with their approach, but seriously folks - this is a cool instrument. If my studio had more room in it - there'd be room for a Genos. It'd stay at home for recording, and inspiration, but it'd get played.
Well done, Yamaha.

#438712 - 10/08/17 06:45 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks Uncle Dave for your unbiased assessment. I feel the same way as far as the studio/home player is concerned. Of coarse, it would be a good performance board, as well, but not my first choice.

#438713 - 10/08/17 07:07 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I have to admit - Yamaha nailed it with this one. This is the best instrument demo I've seen, maybe ever. The best thing they did was call it a workstation, and move away from the "arranger" label. This will attract a fresh, new audience of players of all ages. No need to showcase polkas and rhumbas ... I'm sure they're all in there, and we all know what they sound like. I was a little skeptical of the early hype, but my hat's off to Yamaha - they lived up to it.
It's still not for me (no speakers, too much real estate, no TC harmony), but it just may be the best sounding production station out there.
Before you all start in with why your **** is better, let me just say, objectively, that the past 10 years or so have produced some of the greatest musical tools I've ever seen, or heard. I'd be very happy playing almost anything out there today, and I'm grateful that Korg kinda "gets me" with their approach, but seriously folks - this is a cool instrument. If my studio had more room in it - there'd be room for a Genos. It'd stay at home for recording, and inspiration, but it'd get played.
Well done, Yamaha.

I mostly agree with you...

Escept for one thing..

They call it a workstation, but thats about all effort they did to make it a real workstation
- no daw integration
- no onboard sound creation
- no piano roll editor for midi edditing
- no advanced audio features and edditing
Thats just the top of the iceberg they aso forgot to pick up the creative tools they dropped with the move from motif to montage

So while they call it a true workstation, it is still very much mostly an arranger.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#438715 - 10/08/17 07:30 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Well done, Yamaha.

dont forget with professional Studio EQ processing in these demos it always is made to sound fantastic by professionals till you get it home....after all they have to sell these units ...

Edited by Dnj (10/08/17 08:17 AM)

#438716 - 10/08/17 08:01 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
As Bachus mentioned, most of editing is taken out. At least they are not saying anything about it. It sounds good, but I can see why Yamaha kept the cat in the bag all this time. It can do a lot of stuff, but mostly it can’t do much of anything fully.

Edited by mirza (10/08/17 08:02 AM)

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#438717 - 10/08/17 08:05 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, you know as well as anyone that that's not true. Anyone that takes time to read the instruction/user manual can make their keyboard SOUND the same as the demos. The only reason they don't sound as good is they cannot play like the guys providing the demos. Now, we have some damned good players on this, and other forums, however, none that I know of are at the level of Martin Harris, etc... They have spent countless weeks leaning every nook and cranny of that keyboard, thus they can get the best out it every time they fire it up. Additionally, they are showmen. Then can enthrall an audience of potential buyers like no one else can - that's why they were hired to begin with.

I agree with UD. This is an incredible machine and in the right hands, it will be a fantastic musical production tool.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438718 - 10/08/17 08:18 AM Re: New Genos demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I agree it sounds good but 4900 Euro come on. I can buy a Korg Kronos with 88 keys plus a PA700 for that money. I think its a rip-off. But that's my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online