SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438441 - 10/03/17 02:49 PM Genos Shmenos ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mixer-wise, I've always loved knobs and faders, but lately, I'm getting the urge to dig really deep, and add some ooomph to my recordings, and live mixes when I work with larger ensembles, (like the theater orchestra I'm conducting this Christmas season) so......
Enter the Behringer X-32 Producer. I'm really excited about this smaller footprint model of Sweetwater's best selling mixer. I got spoiled by a digital mix about a year ago in Lake George NY, doing our dueling piano show, and started experimenting since then. I tried Presonus gear, Soundcraft, and now I'm crossing my fingers that the X32P is the answer to my studio/live prayers.

I recorded a 7 piece ensemble at a wedding a few weeks back, and used a digital interface into a pc. This got me thinking of how much easier it would have been to use the same mixer for the live sound, and simultaneously send each instrument to the DAW. The Presonus had some minor glitches, the Soundcraft was better, but I didn't love the effects. The X32 has EIGHT digital effects-EIGHT output routings-and THIRTY TWO inputs. (I bought a 16 channel digital snake too) and a real time USB recorder for stand-a-lone mixes of rehearsals etc.

I'm on a bit of a working vacation until Oct 12th, so I have oodles of time to tweak and twerk. (should I so desire)
The show I'm conducting is a musical version of "A Christmas Carol" and I'm planning on making a cast recording of the show, so this is the right time to fire up all this new gear. PLUS - my PA1000 should be in this week, so I've got lots to keep me busy.

I'll check in on Thursday, and give my first impression of the X32P. To borrow a phrase from the Pointer Sisters:
I'm SO Excited!
smile

Edited by Uncle Dave (10/03/17 02:50 PM)

#438444 - 10/03/17 03:44 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Good luck Dave

#438454 - 10/03/17 07:08 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I used to have x32p. It is an awesome mixer with pretty good effect and great routing. I loved it. Great sound and great price too.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#438455 - 10/03/17 07:55 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: mirza]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Reverb.com has a mint open box for under $1000
Free shipping
Jim

Edited by OldNewb (10/03/17 07:55 PM)

#438474 - 10/04/17 06:11 AM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
The Behringer line of digital mixers has been selling like crazy. They broke the price barrier, the $3,000 mark was where you had to be to get anything even close to the X32, now everyone has a digital mixer. I've sold Allen & Heath (my fav), their mixer allows 16 individual track recording to a USB with a computer. Yamaha has their TF series, designed for the beginner and the pro, with presets developed with the help of Shure, Sennheiser, and Audio-Technica. Presonus has their new StudioLive III series, that records to an SD card.
Also, Behringer is releasing an updated expansion to add multi-track recording to the x32 series via SD card.

#438518 - 10/04/17 08:41 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm stoked - it'll be here tomorrow ... so, no sleep for me these next few days!

#438572 - 10/05/17 02:13 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

MY GOD ... this thing is deep with wonderful features. It's a tad bigger than I planned on, but very manageable. Fits in a padded 20" x 20" Gator carry bag.
It's almost worth the price for the instant USB WAV recorder. Add the motorized sliders, 32 inputs, 16 outputs ... sooooooo many fun options.
I'm going to make a cast recording of "A Christmas Carol" next month - this is just the tool to make that task a breeze!
Anyone with hands on tips - I'm all ears!

#438685 - 10/07/17 06:54 AM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

Got NO sleep last night. Watching tutorials (there are TONS!), playing with settings (Effects are awesome) ... I absolutely love this thing, but I'm second guessing how much I will use it for actual work, and not just goofing around with it, cuz it's fun, and sounds great. Grrrrrr .... decisions!
It's physically a bit too large for my current studio area at home, and completely unnecessary at my regular venues, so the question is:
When will I use it? WHERE will I use it?
My musical runs 6 weeks, then "poof" it's over. I may have jumped the gun, here. I'm in a paradise-like setting at the beach, and my thoughts are probably a little skewed by all the luxury, and glamour around me. I'll be back home next week, in the real world, and I'm afraid this beautiful beast will just collect dust ...
although Behringer WAS kind enough to include a dust cover. Hmmmmmm ...

Stay tuned.

#438688 - 10/07/17 07:40 AM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
124 Offline

No rental possibilities in your area, Dave?

#438695 - 10/07/17 12:28 PM Re: Genos Shmenos ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Uncle Dave Offline

I'm sure there are rental options, but I'm going in a different direction. I decided that the large console was just overkill at this point in my life. I don't have the room to use it, at home or on stage, so I'm going minimal, with a rackmount USB multitrack interface straight into my Macbook. That makes the most sense to me.
Some day, if my studio space grows - I can see a full size X32 console right in the center of it all - I really loved the board, and it makes me a little sad to see it go back, but ... hey - it'd be a waste of a great product.
I had visions of grandeur ... probably because I'm staying in a multi-million dollar house, in one of New Jersey's most beautiful resort neighborhoods. Looking out the window makes me think that the world is so much easier, and more beautiful ... in a week, I'll be home again, and the view will not be quite as impressive.
"... Back to life ... back to reality."
Sigh ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online