SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#438426 - 10/03/17 10:36 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have edited this post, in the interest of maintaining harmony. It was not relevant to Deane's original question.
smile

Edited by DonM (10/03/17 02:24 PM)

#438427 - 10/03/17 10:41 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
My first consideration on the Genos is----will it fit in my small car in its case? I hate the thought of trading cars in order to accommodate a keyboard. But, just might do it.

#438428 - 10/03/17 10:46 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
With few exceptions, they'll all fit in a small car - doubt that this is a problem. I drive a mini-van for a reason, though - it carries lots of stuff and people, which is sometimes a necessity. My Dodge Grand Caravan with Stow & Go was a great investment. I now have 150,000 plus miles on it, and very few repairs, nothing more major than brakes every 40,000 miles. I have used synthetic oil since the day I purchased it, and the engine still runs like a Swiss watch.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438460 - 10/03/17 11:59 PM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Look genos and pa4x are the best arranger keyboards you can buy...however if one is prepared to have 61 keys only and buys a korg pa4x 61 key instead of the genos one would be saving about $1700 and thats alot of money.. and makes it an easy decision. However if the genos was a similar price to korg then i would try both and decide carefully.

#438470 - 10/04/17 03:17 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Don, I think you should have kept the comments.

A harsh reality does not mean the fellow-musicians shouldn't be aware of good or not so good services provided by various companies.

And was not out of context anyway, it is a free forum, right? wink

#438484 - 10/04/17 07:44 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks, but Deane is a good friend, and it is his post. I've documented my experience with Ketron before, so I'll leave it alone. smile

#438489 - 10/04/17 08:17 AM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
J. Larry Offline

Where are the choral voices on the Genos? I’ve not heard any demos of those. Maybe Yamaha is shying away after all the kidding about shoo-bee-doos on the Tyros 5. However, I use a lot of choral stuff in making backing tracks. I’d like to hear some of those----and, strings, as well. Also, the endings. How long are the tail-outs/fading on style endings? Do they drop-off too abruptly, or do they sound like commercial recordings?

#438514 - 10/04/17 06:12 PM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: J. Larry]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By J. Larry
Where are the choral voices on the Genos? I’ve not heard any demos of those. Maybe Yamaha is shying away after all the kidding about shoo-bee-doos on the Tyros 5. However, I use a lot of choral stuff in making backing tracks. I’d like to hear some of those----and, strings, as well. Also, the endings. How long are the tail-outs/fading on style endings? Do they drop-off too abruptly, or do they sound like commercial recordings?

I think if you want all that information in a timely manner, you will have to put your hands on one at your local dealer. Then, and only then, can you make a sound decision on these subjects.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#438515 - 10/04/17 07:01 PM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: hammer]
J. Larry Offline

Maybe, just maybe someone will post short demos of the various style families on the Genos. Seems like I recall that done for the Tyros models. It’s still too early for that on the Genos most likely. In time, we’ll probably see much more. Heck, I’ve bought arrangers blindly before, without seeing them up close. That’s not a problem for me, since I’m well aware of Yamaha’s reputation and track record.

#438517 - 10/04/17 08:06 PM Re: And The Genos World Moves On [Re: J. Larry]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By J. Larry
Maybe, just maybe someone will post short demos of the various style families on the Genos. Seems like I recall that done for the Tyros models. It’s still too early for that on the Genos most likely. In time, we’ll probably see much more. Heck, I’ve bought arrangers blindly before, without seeing them up close. That’s not a problem for me, since I’m well aware of Yamaha’s reputation and track record.

These guys have already a couple of videos up.
I am sure there will be more soon. They did a lot for the T5

http://www.epianos.co.uk/tyros-tipsters/

Eric

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online