SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#438260 - 10/02/17 06:22 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Maybe a screen protector would be in order. It doesn't affect the touch response on other tablets.

Edited by Bernie9 (10/02/17 06:24 AM)

#438300 - 10/02/17 10:41 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Bernie9]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I could be way off base, but my unit has no play between the keyboard and the tablet, and even though it doesn't latch, it closes firmly. I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time, so to speak.

Bernie, which tablet are you using ... and when you say " I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time,..." are you referring to the refurbished ones or the Pro 12?

#438304 - 10/02/17 10:51 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Tony, Steve
Here is a link on their site for a cracked screen. Don't know how that would all work but you can give it a try.
http://protwelve.com/support/cracked-screen/
As for the ebay link you need to keep checking back as the item comes and goes, but they continue to use the same link over and over.
Also, you should be able to put the tablet on your ebay watch list and have them email you when it's available.
Scott

Thanks, Scott ... actually, I had already gone to that page and submitted a question about the screen ... it comes down to this: I would need to send the tablet to RCA services in Lockport NY - that's in Niagra County, and they will send it to Ontario Canada for repair ... the cost is $45, which isn't outrageous, but it will take 3 - 4 WEEKS, which is no good for my playing schedule ... I asked, but they don't sell the parts so I could fix it myself ... frown frown frown
I've also asked if there is some way to expedite the repair, and am waiting on an answer. ...

#438308 - 10/02/17 11:25 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Hi Tony,

I transport mine to every job in my laptop bag with my mics and haven't had any issues, however I hand carry the electronics when I get to the gig.

If you rely on the tablet, I would buy another at $92 or full price, and repair the original, and use the repaired one for a backup.

PS: Lockport is right in my backyard. Come on down and do the new ZIP line.
http://lockportcave.com/zip-line-attraction/

Regards,

Jerry

Edited by Jerryghr (10/02/17 11:28 AM)

#438309 - 10/02/17 11:31 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Bernie9]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I could be way off base, but my unit has no play between the keyboard and the tablet, and even though it doesn't latch, it closes firmly. I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time, so to speak.

Mine closes firmly too, but did you try holding it like a book with the hinges at the bottom and the space bar end at the top? It opens a bit on it's own 1/2" - 3/4" to me that could cause an issue if it became open that much and then quickly pick up your case and unknowingly slam it together.

What is others experience with this? Do you travel with one or both pieces and how?

Edited by Scott Langholff (10/02/17 11:33 AM)

#438311 - 10/02/17 11:48 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Mine closes firmly and stays closed. I bought one for my wife and her cover is looser. Maybe the 3 screws on the back of the hinge can be tightened to increase the tension.

Regards,

Jerry

#438314 - 10/02/17 12:18 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Torch Offline

At $91, buying another one and fixing the broken screen at $45 makes sense. It seems that many buy this tablet to give to friends and family members.

I think I bought the last second one on eBay, but I'm sure that the seller will list more as more units are returned. I remember someone saying that he received one directly from a Walmart center, which means they will certainly get more as people return.

I noticed not all cases for Pro 12 will fit the model on eBay. Only this one. The model number fits the one on eBay. https://www.walmart.com/ip/i-UniK-Pro12-...-CAMO/587748946

I ordered the case, too.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438316 - 10/02/17 12:28 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
one was just sold today, so yes, keep watching for when they are available

#438318 - 10/02/17 12:40 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Torch Offline

Really? Oh, no. I should have grabbed it for a relative. If I were you, I would have waited until all my relatives got one!!! Kidding.

Once again, thanks for sharing the link. I thought I was going to get a 12 inch iPad Pro, but not anymore. I will keep using my iPad Air for playing instrument sounds and use the Pro12 for music reading.

The Windows Version for MobileSheet works well and it is only $12. I use it on my home PC and hybrid tablet PC.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438319 - 10/02/17 12:51 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
one was just sold today, so yes, keep watching for when they are available

Don't know how I missed that ... I've been going back and forth on the site all day ... Hmmm, not all that familiar with eBay ... can I just keep using the link provided above, or do I have to do a search on eBay every time I go on?

Originally Posted By Torch
Really? Oh, no. I should have grabbed it for a relative. If I were you, I would have waited until all my relatives got one!!! Kidding.

Noooo torch - I NEED one for my gigs ... hopefully you relatives can wait ... smile

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online