Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#438284 - 10/02/17 08:51 AM Yamaha Genos first look
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

#438286 - 10/02/17 08:57 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: frankieve]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It really looks like Yamaha is trying to redefine the demographic in the arranger forum ... smart, cuz the old buggers (like me) are gonna start dying off soon, and the next gen is gonna want a more streamlined, touch friendly unit. This looks like they are trying to address a more youthful market, and so they should.
With THAT said ... if you like it, buy it - age be damned!
For me, I still love how Korg addresses the needs of the working singer/player/entertainer - I'm very excited about the new PA1000, but if I had a larger studio, I'd love to have one of these new Genos' in my arsenal. (to stay put, not for the road)

#438291 - 10/02/17 09:07 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: Uncle Dave]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Dave,
what strikes me about the new Genos, which I have ordered, is the technical advancement over the Tyros line. Makes me wonder how many Tyros owners over 65 will truly understand how to use all the Genos offers and will be turned off by the potential learning curve.

I wonder if Yamaha will produce explicit "how to" videos for the new features much like Korg does. Also, maybe Frank can tell us when the user manual will be available.

The demos sure sound good though.

Deane

#438292 - 10/02/17 09:11 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I have a rough sketch manual that was provided but is not finished

#438294 - 10/02/17 09:50 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

For me, I still love how Korg addresses the needs of the working singer/player/entertainer

I agree Korg for Live the player....Yamaha for the Home player
both are great just different.

#438296 - 10/02/17 09:55 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: frankieve]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I think there will a lot of interest in the MOTL keyboard that will eventually follow this. Depending on how much they strip out of it, I think many pros might be interested especially with the new revo drums-big improvement. I want to see how the new playlist feature works. Is it just a list of registrations? That would be useful but still different than what Korg and Roland have. Also, it depends if they have improved the vocal harmony or not. If not, many may stick with Korg.

#438299 - 10/02/17 10:34 AM Re: Yamaha Genos first look [Re: frankieve]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s a big jump up from the T5 (Not difficult) and a good replacement for Yamahas best ever TOTL arranger, the T4, (Apart from some add on features the T5 fell short in virtually every department, hence poor sales with only the 76 note version its saving grace) however, overall it is no better than a Korg PA4x, so unless you don’t like the sound of the PA4x (If that’s the case why did you buy it) then you might as well save some dosh and stay put.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online