SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#437999 - 09/27/17 02:38 AM Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
This is the link to watch on ebay. They come and go quickly. The price keeps going down. Mine came directly from a Walmart return center. They have a 90 day warranty and go through a 65 point inspection. Mine didn't have a finger print on it. It also came with the original screen protector which I liked because trying to apply them yourself especially on a large screen is tough to do without getting bubbles.

It works great and I love mine. It is one smooth operating tablet. It works much better than my previous expensive name brand tablet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112383156243

http://protwelve.com/

Scott

#438000 - 09/27/17 03:35 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you Scott, nice find. At that price it's worth buying one as a back up.

#438020 - 09/27/17 04:43 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Torch Offline

Thanks for the link. What a bargain. It comes with a keyboard, too! Just bought one. My 8.7 inch iPad Air will retire as a music viewer but will continually serve as a midi module.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438022 - 09/27/17 05:19 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Torch Offline

Scott, does the keyboard serve as the case? Do you use a case for the tablet? If so, where did you find one?

Thanks,

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#438039 - 09/27/17 11:35 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Torch]
Scott Langholff Offline

I don't use a case as the keyboard seems to be plenty at least around home. There is a case cover available on ebay and/or amazon I believe is where I saw it.

When I play out I use a laptop case for added safety.

#438225 - 10/01/17 05:39 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, I have been using the tablet keyboard as a case, and putting it in the back sleeve of a laptop case which I use to carry my wires and foot pedals ... tonight I unpacked the tablet and sometime between yesterdays gig and tonight the screen got cracked ... it will not respond to touch screen commands on the lower half ... I used the tablet keyborad to enter my password and it is accepting 'load' commands from the Pa900, but I have a big gig in NJ this weekend, and I am very concerned about the tablet holding up ... the eBay site says the product is out of stock ...
frown frown frown

#438226 - 10/01/17 05:48 PM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

Tony, I have checked the site and was going to pick up another one myself for $91 but they have been out of stock since Scott posted this.

#438242 - 10/02/17 12:09 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Stephenm52]
Scott Langholff Offline

Tony, Steve

Without knowing how the tablet was packed in the bag, if something jarred it etc it's hard to know what caused that.

However, I noticed that the tablet does not really close tight shut like a typical laptop does. There is some play in it and the part farthest from the hinges can move a bit when moving. Test it out. I decided to be on the safe side to take the tablet apart and have it in two different sleeves with the screen facing a 3 ring binder near the screen and some folders with a bunch of paper on the back of the other for protection. Or, to just bring the tablet part and do the same along with being careful not to cram other non-flat things into the case and to be very careful moving it and putting it only places where nothing can fall on it or if the van was jarred that nothing would happen.

I may be being over careful but I feel safer doing it this way. It may not hurt to have the tablet together, but since I thought there might be a chance that the two pieces could get jarred together, even by just picking up the case I decided on not moving it as a connected unit.

Here is a link on their site for a cracked screen. Don't know how that would all work but you can give it a try.

http://protwelve.com/support/cracked-screen/

As for the ebay link you need to keep checking back as the item comes and goes, but they continue to use the same link over and over.

Also, you should be able to put the tablet on your ebay watch list and have them email you when it's available.

Scott

#438257 - 10/02/17 05:49 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I could be way off base, but my unit has no play between the keyboard and the tablet, and even though it doesn't latch, it closes firmly. I wonder if the cheapest ones weren't ready for prime time, so to speak.

#438259 - 10/02/17 06:17 AM Re: Where to buy a Pro12 refurb/return tablet for $91 [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

When I transport mine it goes into a separate neoprene sleeve then into my laptop bag. Guess I've been lucky but in talking to Tony he installs the detachable keyboard when transporting and was cautious. I somehow wound up with a scratch on my screen after taking it to a gig one day, I'm now trying to be extra careful.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online