SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43788 - 11/19/02 01:50 PM is this a bug in the KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can any if you stars on this forum check for a bug in the KN7000. Try this procedure:
Go to Music Arranger:
Select: Organ Stylist
Select: The first set of the first four setups:
Start to play:
Select right 2
then Right 1 again.
The volume on the set up of Right 1 drops to an almost inaudible level
You do this procedure as many times as you like and the problem is the same.
I have checked it out by doing my own Organ settings in the panel and the result is the same: 'When the right one button is re-selected the volume almost disappears'.
It only seems to happen with Organ voices, although I haven't had time to check out many of the others.I've checked part settings
and can see no reason for it there and all the volume setting on the panel are showing
full volume.
This is to me a major problem and I don't think I am the only one with it.

#43789 - 11/19/02 02:27 PM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Peter,
I've tried it on my K7, but I hear nothing like you described. Pherhaps you could try to initialise your keyboard with the initial datadisk?
Greetings
Cees

#43790 - 11/19/02 03:00 PM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Mine seems a bit low on the volumes too.
That is if you mean the
Swing tone wheels
Classic B3 jazz
Block chord Jazz
Straight Swinging
But just lower the volume of the backing instruments they all appear to be set at volume of 105 on mine take them down about 10 then it sounds ok

jan

#43791 - 11/19/02 09:20 PM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Hi Peter. Our local keyboard shop have a KN7000 that either side of the split will occasionally go out of tune with each other for no reason. Its fine for a while and then whilst playing the fault occurs. This is their second KN7000 that has done this.

Graham UK

#43792 - 11/20/02 12:21 AM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

The KN6000 / 6500 also does this with the out of tune left and right hands. In fact mine did it only yesterday. It's normally caused by a pedal being set to glide and the pedal being depressed at the time when switching between Right 1 and 2.

The solution is normally to hit the pedal again and this appears to resolve the problem.

Hope this helps

Dave.

#43793 - 11/20/02 01:32 AM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Peter, I tried your 'Set-up' on my KN7000 but could not reproduce the fault which you have observed. However, I do notice that if all the ACP parts have their volumes set to 105 and the APC slider is at maximum, then some of the organ voices in the Right hand, do tend to get a bit 'drowned' - particularly, the great 'Jazz Organ Soloist'. If you reduce the APC volume this should improve the balance.
Another thing I have done, is to increase the Jazz Organ Soloist Volume in the editor and store it in the Sound memory. This provides much more flexibility in balancing the sounds and gives the voice a bit more punch.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43794 - 11/22/02 10:58 AM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

for the mysterious disappearing organ voice - try it with the modulation wheel at zero??

#43795 - 11/23/02 02:28 AM Re: is this a bug in the KN7000
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Alex.
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again to you Alex. The Modulation wheel was at about a quarter setting and I hadn't even noticed that it was. This is something that can happen just by resting a hand on that side of the keyboard,or perhaps also when removing the cover. In my paticular case I had just made myself a new cover for the keyboard only last week. Simple isn't really when you know how!
Thanks again Alex, Chris Whitehead was on to me yesterday for an hour trying to solve it, so I will phone him back to put his mind at rest.
regards
PETER.
P.S. I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD TRY TO SIMILATE
THE PROBLEM JUST TO SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
for the mysterious disappearing organ voice - try it with the modulation wheel at zero??

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online