SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 35 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437513 - 09/14/17 11:11 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
We know as much about this things as Jon Snow knows ...

#437516 - 09/15/17 01:14 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I think it’s supposed to make you think that it is a music production tool

Bill

Edited by abacus (09/15/17 01:22 AM)

#437517 - 09/15/17 03:19 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
It's supposed to be an arranger keyboard we are talking about so it's all meaningless until we see someone playing it live so we can hear what the voices and styles are like.

The gimmicks of audio clips etc. do nothing for me.
When playing gigs, the audience wants to hear it all coming from us. they can play audio at home to their hearts content without needing a keyboard around.

I have never used audio or midi files except when I take my break and my audiences have always been happy enough to listen to me.
Tony

#437520 - 09/15/17 05:34 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Music is wonderful because we can all share in different ways!

I'm a singer... but I can create arrangements from the ground up using MIDI as a tool. People want to hear my wife and I sing. The arrangement, which I created using the sounds available to me, it there to support our singing.

The Genos would be a creation tool for me by supplying an editable sequencer with top notch sounds. In a pinch, the arranger side would give me another level of quick arranging using the "pre-sequenced" sections to create a performance or backing track. It should also give me a way to playback sequences of arrangements I made from the computer or past workstations. When I play a gig, I also play a sound live over the top of my created arrangement.

As a piano player, I'm a chord player. Again, it supports my singing. Bass notes in my left... chords in my right... melody in my voice.

Arranger playing is another skill and has an art of its own. Mostly chord control in the left, and melody in the right. In arranger/style mode, I normally play full keyboard and still sing over the top of the "live chords" I enter on the fly.

But, if you play in style mode, you are still playing a MIDI file and just using the technology provided to change the chords and variations. If you created the style from the ground up, then your audience is hearing what you can do. If you are using a preset style, they are listening to the programmers music while you tell it what chord to play.

So, me using a backing track that I created from the ground up is still someone hearing me and my talent. Again, it is to support my singing. Style playing is a skill... a very musical skill but if you didn't create the style, your audience is listening to ͏y͏o͏u shape someone else's midi file in sections via chord definitions.

Now, the Genos should cover a lot of different ways of musical creation and control. Different ways are just that... different. Not wrong... just different! We are only on this earth for a short time... MAKE MUSIC!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437522 - 09/15/17 06:30 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Music is wonderful because we can all share in different ways!

I'm a singer... but I can create arrangements from the ground up using MIDI as a tool. People want to hear my wife and I sing. The arrangement, which I created using the sounds available to me, it there to support our singing.

The Genos would be a creation tool for me by supplying an editable sequencer with top notch sounds. In a pinch, the arranger side would give me another level of quick arranging using the "pre-sequenced" sections to create a performance or backing track. It should also give me a way to playback sequences of arrangements I made from the computer or past workstations. When I play a gig, I also play a sound live over the top of my created arrangement.

As a piano player, I'm a chord player. Again, it supports my singing. Bass notes in my left... chords in my right... melody in my voice.

Arranger playing is another skill and has an art of its own. Mostly chord control in the left, and melody in the right. In arranger/style mode, I normally play full keyboard and still sing over the top of the "live chords" I enter on the fly.

But, if you play in style mode, you are still playing a MIDI file and just using the technology provided to change the chords and variations. If you created the style from the ground up, then your audience is hearing what you can do. If you are using a preset style, they are listening to the programmers music while you tell it what chord to play.

So, me using a backing track that I created from the ground up is still someone hearing me and my talent. Again, it is to support my singing. Style playing is a skill... a very musical skill but if you didn't create the style, your audience is listening to ͏y͏o͏u shape someone else's midi file in sections via chord definitions.

Now, the Genos should cover a lot of different ways of musical creation and control. Different ways are just that... different. Not wrong... just different! We are only on this earth for a short time... MAKE MUSIC!!!

Shuey very well said excellent definition of what we do...thanx

clap keys clap

#437524 - 09/15/17 06:38 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

keys

Attachments
1111111.jpg

222222.jpg

#437525 - 09/15/17 06:40 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

cool2

Attachments
222.JPG

#437527 - 09/15/17 06:57 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

http://www.camaro24.pl/genos-style,c202.html

Information from Poland, from a company producing excellent Tyros styles (works with Yamaha).With the release of GENOS new styles will be available for this new arranger,

#437528 - 09/15/17 06:59 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Monday is coming?

#437530 - 09/15/17 07:33 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Not soon enough!!! Hurry!!!!!!! I'm feeling creative!!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 12 of 35 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online