SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437286 - 09/10/17 08:17 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By shueymusic

Genos... a new "Gen"eration of "O"perating "S"ystem.

Wondering if you saw this someplace or if you just guessed/made this up?

#437287 - 09/10/17 08:43 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Scott Langholff]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Originally Posted By Scott Langholff
Originally Posted By shueymusic

Genos... a new "Gen"eration of "O"perating "S"ystem.

Wondering if you saw this someplace or if you just guessed/made this up?

I saw this in a video (link below). Just an opinion but it made sense to me. Motif was the name because of using musical motifs (arpeggios) to create music.

https://youtu.be/0SzZ34Co5Bc

Can't wait to see pictures and specs!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#437293 - 09/10/17 11:29 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
What would have to be 'revealed' to me is a way to pay for it short of refinancing my house...😁

#437294 - 09/11/17 03:39 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Tyrosman5]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Originally Posted By Tyrosman5
I sure hope that the new Yamaha board will be able to run past
presets and sounds as it has done in the past. I do not want to
have to go to a whole new OS as I am 88 yrs old. New sound are
exciting to me but a new OS is not. Lloyd

And that is why arrangers are dying breed.

Look at what Korg is doing. You can do pretty much whatever you want to do with it. Or , you don't have to do anything. It's extremely easy to use, very professional and sounds great.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#437295 - 09/11/17 04:03 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Tyrosman5]
Bachus Offline

I want to add a comment to my above message and that is this.
Arranger keyboards were meant to be easier to play and to enjoy.
Take that away and the bulk of older people who buy and can
afford these boards will go bye bye. Lloyd

While i do understand you, at your age, this is exactly the cruxus Yamaha has been wrestling with in the Tyros rangê...

They need to innovate, to stay on top of the market.. but could not change the interface and functionallity to much or they would loose some of their major buyers.. people like you at age, that only want more of the same just better and newer..

When you however look at the Montage and CVP709 series, they show definatley what the addition of a touchscreen can add when it comes to keeping the top interface easy and understandable...for those that want "snorckling" and just playing their instruments..
However a touchscreen also allows for "deep diving" and edditing in underlaying menu's

If i am correct, i think this is the way the Genos will move. Big advantage of the deep diving, is that other users can more easilly create their own stuff and share it with the community, so everyone will directly or indirectly profit from these changes..

What i exect is a cross between tyros5, and motif (6 knobs) but with an idiot proof upper layer of the interface...

For you this would mean, you could go on from what you know and use all your previous tools.. they should be easy to find and opperate, and slowly taste the new stuff in your own tempo....

Anything else would be suicide from Yamaha, despite how much people like me would love to see that..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437298 - 09/11/17 05:01 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5 Offline

I'm all for touchscreens because I believe they are easier to use.
My computer is a touchscreen and for the short time I had a Korg
I did like the touchscreen. That is one thing the Yamaha simply had to do to stay with the bunch. I like some of the modern music but it is more about rhythm than content of the music.

My generation enjoyed beautiful arrangements with wonderful introductions. That will never get lost. Lloyd

#437299 - 09/11/17 05:05 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Tyrosman5]
Bachus Offline

I'm all for touchscreens because I believe they are easier to use.
My computer is a touchscreen and for the short time I had a Korg
I did like the touchscreen. That is one thing the Yamaha simply had to do to stay with the bunch. I like some of the modern music but it is more about rhythm than content of the music.

My generation enjoyed beautiful arrangements with wonderful introductions. That will never get lost. Lloyd

Some of the intro's are definately breath taking..

Thats why i mist of the time try to play the intro on the 88 keyboard, it gives me a lot of pleasure when i can get the intro's only half decent...

An arranger should support both ...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437320 - 09/11/17 05:18 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (09/11/17 05:20 PM)

#437324 - 09/11/17 06:19 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA

#437331 - 09/11/17 08:55 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Well... there it is... and they call it "a new world of digital workstation." Not an arranger/workstation.... finally a replacement to the Motif?!? The marriage of Motif and Tyros?!? They changed the description of the Montage to Music Synthesizer... and stayed away from the workstation description.

Now... time to start selling off the dead weight. I've got 6-7 keyboards to sell. Thin the herd!!

But this time, I'm waiting for the demos and specs!! And according to the one video, there will be a case/bag and a dust cover.

By Christmas, barring any omissions I need in a workstation, I should see a box under the tree!!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 4 of 35 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online