SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 15 of 35 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35 >
Topic Options
#437566 - 09/15/17 05:44 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
sounds like there is a lot of people overreacting to something they don't know much about. If Yamaha has decided, which they should, to bring in more modern elements into the Genos, it would be a very smart move on their part, remember, if you go back 10-20-30 years etc, people would be saying, if you guys bring that crazy rock music in we are going to be ruined, those long hair Beatles or that crazy hip-shaking Elvis, or that foul mouth Johnny Cash.

Just because Yamaha likes to highlight the new stuff, doesn't mean they neglected or took out the old stuff. For all you know, they re-worked all the styles and added specific sounds to highlight those styles.

Yamaha has to move forward and embrace new music and new technology, name me one company that has stayed in the past and has flourished? Even companies that seem that way have secretly modernized, it's human nature. Even if you are playing rehab centers or retirement homes, let's say they median age is 80-90 years old, guess what, 10- years from now, the 70-80-year-olds will be there, and 20 years from now, the 60-70, and so on.

So, unfortunately, things will progress and change, you can either try to fight it and you will not win, or embrace it, and slowly change with it.

I am looking forward to Yamaha showing us what they can do. I gig with a Tyros 5, and can pretty much 95% say i will be with a Genos without even hearing it.

#437567 - 09/15/17 06:00 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
mweuch Offline

I am up for the new modern styles and sounds. I've stayed away from yamaha for the past 14 years cuz to me personally, I just don't like their sounds. But I do really like the motifs sounds so am hoping they have bunch of Montage and motifs sounds on this Genos.

#437568 - 09/15/17 06:36 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: mweuch]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
It's hard to believe Yamaha would throw out the "baby with the bath water" in developing a new arranger, but I believe Frank is right. We all know Yamaha has deep pockets and a large r&d department, so opening new horizons makes sense.

To be honest, when you really listen to all arranger demos...they still sound similar. Even the Korg PA 4X still embodies the "Korg sound". They have introduced some nice technology, but poor Steve McNally with Korg sounds like his voice is shot out when doing his 10,000 demo featuring pretty much the same old song and dance.

Yamaha has a lot of muscle in their demo department, so it's hard to believe this keyboard will fail to amaze. Yamaha has become somewhat of a punch line on this forum, so hopefully they will dazzle some of the naysayers with some new cool stuff, and trickle it down to their future MOTL models as well.

#437573 - 09/15/17 10:54 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
What's happening on Monday?

#437574 - 09/15/17 11:10 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think it's the official announcement for Genos keyboard.

#437581 - 09/16/17 02:38 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: DonM]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Thanks Don,

When you say official, does that mean specs and so on?

Rob

#437582 - 09/16/17 02:38 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I think it's the official announcement for Genos keyboard.

Not the official anniuncement..

Monday is the first show off in Germany to a group of 500 choosen dealers from Europe..
They are still under an NDA after that..

Altough if friendly asked by phone or mail, some might give away basic information,
Like will there be 61 and 88 key versions?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#437588 - 09/16/17 07:45 AM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
OK, thanks, I really haven't followed it that closely.
If they follow tradition, they will have them on the market before Christmas.

#437605 - 09/16/17 01:10 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
My gig situation and market is very similar to what Hammer described. Guess I’ll hold on to my two Yamaha arrangers until the dust settles. As much as I’ve tried to like other arranger products, my ear and preferences still lean toward Yamaha. Even tho’ I have little interest in modern styles, if that’s the direction the Genos takes, I’d consider it, if it shows up with fantastic ensemble sections, new choral voices, multi-pads, and related features. That would fit well with my project studio.

#437612 - 09/16/17 05:15 PM Re: GENOS Revealed [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
OK, thanks, I really haven't followed it that closely.
If they follow tradition, they will have them on the market before Christmas.

They will, early November... maybe even oktober

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 15 of 35 < 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 34 35 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online