SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#436184 - 08/17/17 09:12 PM Re: Play Plug-Ins Live On-Stage with Gig Performer [Re: Fran Carango]
Torch Offline

Just as you mentioned a number of VSTs in Mixcraft are not available outside of it. As for the other VSTs you have trouble loading in GP, are they 64 bit or 32 bit? GP just like any other VST hosts these days loads only 64 bit. VSTHOST a free VST Host has a built-in bridge that helps import both 32 bit and 64 bit plug-ins. However, the host is just too limited in comparison with GP. I use jBridge to load a particular, discontinued 32 bit VST into GP. Then again, all other VSTs of mine are 64 bit, and I have no trouble loading them in GP.

Gig Performer, aptly named, is dedicated to one thing; make personal instrument setups out of one's collection of VSTs and play them live. It is so flexible and easy to use. It was very easy to make drawbars for organs from scratch and slide up and down right on my hybrid touch screen. You can make just about any kind of customized control. Programming your own setup in it is actually fun. With other apps, it's a big chore.

One of the many neat features of GP that I like is patch persist just like Roland's patch remain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8t8p7JVy-0
MC doesn't do that. Maybe it's not even fair to compare GP with any DAW, as no DAW works like GP, and GP is a VHT host for live performance not a DAW.
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
I downloaded a demo Gig performer..
I had a problem with the program reading my VST plugins... same folders that every other program was able to read..
I isolated a folder from MixCraft and selected VST's that came with MC...
Most would not load in Gig Performer... since they are Proprietary.

I am not willing to give up the VST's in MC.... and I found MC to work better...
Also MC has combination VST map that allows unlimited layers and splits.. This feature made Forte not necessary..

Sorry I am convinced MixCraft does the job for me..

I will play around with Gig Performer a bit more {see if I can make head way}.... before I delete it..

Edited by Torch (08/17/17 09:32 PM)
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#436202 - 08/18/17 06:22 AM Re: Play Plug-Ins Live On-Stage with Gig Performer [Re: Bachus]
gigperformer Offline

Which is the main reason we didn't include any synths of our own. Most users have their favorites and there are also so many free ones out there, it made no sense to us to try and reinvent the wheel. By the way, one trick to allow you to keep using a plugin like Alchemy is to install a great product called Loopback (Rogue Amoeba makes it) and it lets you trivially route audio from one application to another. So you could leave a MainStage instance running with Alchemy and then use IAC (for MIDI) and Loopback (for audio) to route everything back into Gig Performer. I use this all the time to leverage some audio stuff in MaxMSP that I want available in Gig Performer

Originally Posted By Bachus
(altough most of them never used because of my VST collection,

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :-) More seriously, we put out significant updates pretty much about once per month. Some very cool stuff running in house already that will be of interest to anyone interested in such things as automation and real-time processing :-) We do have a couple of interesting plugins coming as well - essentially to address solutions that don't seem to exist already though third party plugins. SIgn up for our news letter if you want to be notified.
Looking forward to further development of Gigperformer, wondering if there is a list of features planned for the future?

Dr. David H Jameson
Co-founder, Deskew Technologies, LLC
http://gigperformer.com
Cross-platform audio plugin host for live performers

#436216 - 08/18/17 08:28 AM Re: Play Plug-Ins Live On-Stage with Gig Performer [Re: gigperformer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By gigperformer
Which is the main reason we didn't include any synths of our own. Most users have their favorites and there are also so many free ones out there, it made no sense to us to try and reinvent the wheel. By the way, one trick to allow you to keep using a plugin like Alchemy is to install a great product called Loopback (Rogue Amoeba makes it) and it lets you trivially route audio from one application to another. So you could leave a MainStage instance running with Alchemy and then use IAC (for MIDI) and Loopback (for audio) to route everything back into Gig Performer. I use this all the time to leverage some audio stuff in MaxMSP that I want available in Gig Performer

(altough most of them never used because of my VST collection,

I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :-) More seriously, we put out significant updates pretty much about once per month. Some very cool stuff running in house already that will be of interest to anyone interested in such things as automation and real-time processing :-) We do have a couple of interesting plugins coming as well - essentially to address solutions that don't seem to exist already though third party plugins. SIgn up for our news letter if you want to be notified.
Looking forward to further development of Gigperformer, wondering if there is a list of features planned for the future?

Interesting plugins....

If you add plugins for backings, like an arranger (after all this is an arrager forum) players for midi and audio, .. arpeggiators...

Then Gigperformer could take the place of traditional workstations and arrangers (huge market) ...

If you do so, i will convert to gigperformer, that is a promise...

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online