SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#435236 - 07/30/17 01:43 AM SD9 feature wishlist
Bachus Offline

With the release of the SD9pro Ketron has set another step forward.
Since most of the features are software based and not hardware,
it will be possible for ketron to add or improve current features
If enough people want them.

To me its obvious that AJ has turned into the eyes and ears of the Ketron development team.
This post was originally created on Keyszone. But also made on Synthzone.
Just to reach as many people as possible.
Not only for people owning the Ketron SD9 pro
But also for people that are not sure yet, because certain things they require are still missing.

So here is the first feature wish, a very simple one that has existed for ages

- I would love to be able to import Yamaha styles, because of the huge database of styles that are available for Yamaha.
(Yamaha styles as learned from V-arranger sound quite good with a Ketron sound-source like the SD2)

And on to the 2nd feature, which requires a bit more explanation.

- i would like to have a screen (big left area) with 12 free programmable soft-buttons, easy accessible.
(there are so many direct access features in the Ketron OS hidden behind menu's this for many is a miss.
Often during a performance you dont have time to switch on things trough multiple screens.
This feature would allow you to create templates of things you regularly need.
For example, i would love to be able to switch the 3 layers of the main-sound on and off.
While also being able to switch between 3 or 4 of the voice variations
Or maybe just being able to switch to any other screen by a direct button(and back to this screen trough exit afterwards)

It would make live so much easier. Especially if combined with a feature to save these setups in a database.
There is so many great options one would love to have directly accessible, however needs change based on performance.
Last thing would be adding the option to add such to a registration, so each style/song registration could have a specific control page)

And while we are on it a 3rd feature which is directly derived from the 2nd one.

- I would love to see another page, directly accessible where you can have various parameters set for the sliders
(same as with the 2nd feature, as soon as you select this page, your sliders control 11 parameters of your choice
all visible on the screen. Same ideas as with the 2nd feature apply. Very useful with visual screen feedback.
Especially since the SD9 already has so many features for EDM)

I hope you dont read these missing features as right out criticism, but as an attempt to help improve Ketron even more.
And if its true what AJ recently said, that they are truly listening at Ketron (just not communicating directly)
And i believe they are, as i saw proof, as there is already one nice feature added to the SD9, i suggested on the Synthzone forums.
Thats something AJ took care off.

Make sure to also visit the Keyszone topic at :
http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/389/feature-list-ketron-sd9

http://keyszone.boards.net

#435237 - 07/30/17 01:53 AM Re: SD9 feature wishlist [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Backus and AJ,
An added feature I would love to see is the ability to easily delete, move, and copy and paste styles or sounds from one folder to another. Currently having to use the "media edit" routine is a real hassle.

Deane

#435240 - 07/30/17 01:58 AM Re: SD9 feature wishlist [Re: hammer]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By hammer
Backus and AJ,
An added feature I would love to see is the ability to easily delete, move, and copy and paste styles or sounds from one folder to another. Currently having to use the "media edit" routine is a real hassle.

Deane

1) https://www.ketron.it/images/ketron/Manuali_HTML/SD9/english/08_media.html

2)
https://www.ketron.it/images/ketron/Manuali_HTML/SD9/english/16_disk_edit.html

#435241 - 07/30/17 02:14 AM Re: SD9 feature wishlist [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Sorry Sokratis, I agree with Deane - the Media Edit is too long winded and difficult to use.
I complained about this when I first got my Midjpro and suggested it needed a simple file manager after constantly losing my place in the middle of moving a file ( there are too many screens to traverse when doing a simple Copy / Paste / Move / or Delete.

If I load a new style from a thumb drive and make small edits, I then press Save and it doesn't give me a choice as to which folder I want to save it.
I then finish up with a slow waltz in the dance folder for instance and then have to go to Disk Edit to move it - all far too slow and complicated.
A great little instrument spoiled by such small details.
Due to computers, we are all used to managing files simply and easily.
Please listen Ketron.
Tony

Edited by Anthony Johnson (07/30/17 02:15 AM)

#435242 - 07/30/17 02:26 AM Re: SD9 feature wishlist [Re: Bachus]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Sakratis,
Tony has it perfectly right. Using the Media function to do simple tasks like saving a tweaked style does not allow us to select a folder of our choice. It automatically saves to a folder from which the the original style came from and we have to go through several operations to move it to a different folder.

Why not just add a simple "Delete Key" and give us the "Save to" option available on every other keyboard out there. I spend hours doing what should take minutes to do.

Deane

#435251 - 07/30/17 07:57 AM Re: SD9 feature wishlist [Re: Bachus]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Deane and Tony,
I totally respect your opinion... smile

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (07/30/17 07:58 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online