SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#434939 - 07/23/17 09:18 PM my description - do I need to change anything?
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I have a couple of accounts where the AD's keep asking me for a description of what I do so they can advertise it on the days I'm there (the word-for-word description I give them) BTW, it seems to be a trend now that you say exactly what you do so they can just throw it up on the bulletin board like that.

This is what I came up with, but it's important that it sounds right because I think I'm also going to make up a flyer with the same narrative and mail it to different locations to try and hustle some work.

Please tell me if you have any suggestions...add some things...remove something....wording doesn't flow properly?

see attachment

Attachments
My Presentation.jpg

#434944 - 07/24/17 03:47 AM Re: my description - do I need to change anything? [Re: Mark79100]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It certainly shows diversity, and sounds much more appealing than someone simply singing over a midi file. I like the patter concerning the songs origin, requests, and sing along sheets a plus, depending on the venue. I like it.

#434960 - 07/24/17 07:41 AM Re: my description - do I need to change anything? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Maerk, I solved this problem by going to Vista Print and having a 24 X 36-inch, full color photo poster printed and framed for the AD. They usually put it up on an easel the day prior to the performance - it worked very, very well. I'll try to dig up a copy and post it for you.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#434963 - 07/24/17 07:55 AM Re: my description - do I need to change anything? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Mark, my only suggestion would be to 'dress it up' with some music notes, keyboard, microphones, etc. to make it a bit more attractive ...
Best of luck

#434967 - 07/24/17 09:19 AM Re: my description - do I need to change anything? [Re: Mark79100]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark, here is the poster I used quite successfully for more than a decade. The AD would print up an 8 X 10 with the location, time and date of the event and attach it to the bottom beneath the poster which was perched on an easel.

Attachments
Poster.jpg

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online