my description - do I need to change anything?

Posted by: Mark79100

my description - do I need to change anything? - 07/23/17 09:18 PM

I have a couple of accounts where the AD's keep asking me for a description of what I do so they can advertise it on the days I'm there (the word-for-word description I give them) BTW, it seems to be a trend now that you say exactly what you do so they can just throw it up on the bulletin board like that.

This is what I came up with, but it's important that it sounds right because I think I'm also going to make up a flyer with the same narrative and mail it to different locations to try and hustle some work.

Please tell me if you have any suggestions...add some things...remove something....wording doesn't flow properly?

see attachment
Posted by: Bernie9

Re: my description - do I need to change anything? - 07/24/17 03:47 AM

It certainly shows diversity, and sounds much more appealing than someone simply singing over a midi file. I like the patter concerning the songs origin, requests, and sing along sheets a plus, depending on the venue. I like it.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: my description - do I need to change anything? - 07/24/17 07:41 AM

Maerk, I solved this problem by going to Vista Print and having a 24 X 36-inch, full color photo poster printed and framed for the AD. They usually put it up on an easel the day prior to the performance - it worked very, very well. I'll try to dig up a copy and post it for you.

Gary
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: my description - do I need to change anything? - 07/24/17 07:55 AM

Mark, my only suggestion would be to 'dress it up' with some music notes, keyboard, microphones, etc. to make it a bit more attractive ...
Best of luck
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: my description - do I need to change anything? - 07/24/17 09:19 AM

Mark, here is the poster I used quite successfully for more than a decade. The AD would print up an 8 X 10 with the location, time and date of the event and attach it to the bottom beneath the poster which was perched on an easel.