SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#433303 - 06/23/17 10:48 AM SD7 In/End
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Hi all,

still really enjoying my SD7 but now a question. I like to use a lead in, however some lead ins work best with 1 finger activation whilst others work better with a full chord activation. When the registrations are plentiful it is difficult to remember which react better to 1 finger or 3 fingers. Any thoughts on this.

Also, whilst I am on the subject of lead ins and outs, some of the lead outs have some very strange endings like drums playing too long and an unexpected chord played right at the very end of the lead out.

I hope all you players out there can understand what I'm talking about.

Many thanks,

Alan

Edited by Sapphire (06/23/17 10:50 AM)

#433345 - 06/23/17 07:00 PM Re: SD7 In/End [Re: Sapphire]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Alan,
Are you meaning introductions and endings when you say "lead in and Lead out"?

If so, I have not noticed any difference in single finger or full chord sounds.

Can you explain a bit more?

Yes, I agree about some of the endings having a strange last measure.

Deane

#433415 - 06/26/17 07:29 AM Re: SD7 In/End [Re: hammer]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Hi Deane,

thanks for replying. Sorry for not making myself clear, yes I do mean intro's and endings.

Obviously you know what I am talking about with reference to the endings but with the intro's, on some of them activated with 1 finger its as though the intro is being played with single notes instead of chords. It is so easy to find these problems on a keyboard but another thing to try and expain in words.

I have tried to find 1 or more specific styles that causes this problem but as is usual, everthing is working as it should. With many thousands of styles on my SD7 it is possible that I have found a few converted from other boards that have not converted well.

If I find any I will make a note of the styles and perhaps continue this thread at a later date.

Many thanks

Alan

#433557 - 06/29/17 10:43 AM Re: SD7 In/End [Re: Sapphire]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Alan,
I'll experimentbwith it and report back.
Deane

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online