SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#43349 - 10/26/04 05:41 AM Midi Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Folks.
I purchased a lot of midi files off ebay.on CD.Three CD's.About 200,000 in total. What a load of rubbish!.
Windows 95 is mentioned in all three disks,so they must be pretty old.what a disapointment.
Can anyone recomend sites where I can download Free midi files.My intrests are in the main, Bigband Swing -- Standards -- and Latin. Others styles also of course,
Sincerely
Joe Baron

#43350 - 10/26/04 06:13 AM Re: Midi Files
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#43351 - 10/26/04 07:58 AM Re: Midi Files
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Joe
I usually find any midi file I want at: http://www.manythings.org/midi/search.html
Which is 3 sepeerate search engines. Just type in the title of the song you want and I'll be surprised if you don't get pages and pages of sites where the file can be downloaded free.............
John

#43352 - 10/26/04 10:46 AM Re: Midi Files
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, Bill,John,and Peter, Good advice on the location of sites.I will visit them all. No Peter I dont want them for backing tracks.I don't ever use them.I like to be in control.I just want to listen to them.
Sometimes they make you think!.Oh yes that would be good to perform!.
My name is "Joe",but S/Z would not let me on site.I had to register again.The site would not let me on using my own name.I asked for my password,and it came back corrrect.but said someone was registered as Joe Baron.
It was me of course.So I used my stage name to register again.
Sincerely.Joe.

#43353 - 10/26/04 11:24 AM Re: Midi Files
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi joe (phil)
Well you have got some good advice from the forum members .
I always seem to use www.musicrobot .com
i seem to be able to find most thing !!!

I now know some more sites to search !!!
many thanks !!

I did'nt know that the midi files were not really suitable for live backing tracks .
i use the midi files to listern to and get some good ideas and to print out the the
"dots " i know the quality can be from great to rubbish so you have to search carefully .
I use style disks on gigs . I find and it is only my opinion that backing tracks are to restictive for my style of performances .

But I have nothing against people who use them i say to each his /her own .
if it sounds good and you enjoy what you are doing that's all that matters .
and of course if you get repeat gigs ,it speaks for it's self .

Regards .Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online