SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#433049 - 06/18/17 04:31 AM Audya drums
underdog Offline

Hello.Does anyone know if it is possible to raise the volume of just the snare drum in the Audya. (audio drums not midi drums)
I tried making them sharper within the Audya menu but they seem to loose the body of the sound by doing this.
I would appreciate any solution other members have come up with.
thanks in advance

#433058 - 06/18/17 07:20 AM Re: Audya drums [Re: underdog]
Speed Offline

Hi
You cant raise the volume it is an audio file so...

#433085 - 06/18/17 01:52 PM Re: Audya drums [Re: Speed]
underdog Offline

Thanks Speed. It's a pity not to have more control over them as in some styles the kick drum is too loud in regard to the other drums

#433107 - 06/19/17 04:10 AM Re: Audya drums [Re: underdog]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Over the past years I have spoken to one or two others who believed the snare to be far too loud. Having not come across this myself, I theorised it might be the frequency coverage of their PA systems is inadequately balanced. In fact, when searching for the right PA for Audya, which requires a balanced system, I found that many modern PA's (and not just low cost ones either) lack mid and upper mid range, this has the effect of quietening down elements of the audio drums that are situated in the missing frequency bands. The result being, the owner is forced to increase the overall volume to compensate. This causes the elements of the arranger which are at normal level (as they appear in frequency bands covered by the pa) to appear far too loud. Of course the customers would not accept this (particularly as they had purchased PA systems of high value), even though I demonstrated the Audya through a B&O based system with a perfectly balanced frequency bands.

The easiest way to test this for yourself is to use either Studio reference headphones or Studio Reference Monitor speakers

#433226 - 06/21/17 02:12 AM Re: Audya drums [Re: underdog]
underdog Offline

Thanks Tonewheeldude for replying.I am using a QSC setup 2 K10's and 2 Ksubs and an Allen & Heath mixer.
Following an idea from your information I tried connecting a graphic equalizer and this seems to have vastly improved the balance of individual drums without loosing the quality of lower frequencies.Problem seems solved.

#433249 - 06/21/17 03:06 PM Re: Audya drums [Re: underdog]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Glad that worked out for you and thanks for being open minded enough to try it.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online