SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#430258 - 03/31/17 06:25 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I changed from Bose to LD Systems Maui 5 speakers. To me they sound better, more bottom, more controls, bluetooth, and about half the price!

Ditto...I love the LD maui systems....my maui 5 & maui 28's they sound amazing.

Edited by Dnj (03/31/17 06:25 AM)

#430261 - 03/31/17 07:35 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I can't see me ever changing from line array systems again. It's just so easy to set up and they sound so great. I can see where if you wanted your sound concentrated closer to the bandstand then a traditional setup might be better suited. However, I like the concept of covering the entire room at somewhat equal volume.

#430291 - 03/31/17 11:20 PM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: DonM]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Guys...

I think another Excellent contender in the array systems, besides Bose, Maui, JBL, etc, is the Turbosound, I own 2 IP 1000, I purchased them for less than $1,300.00 and I have one Thousand Watts on EACH, side....of course, I do not use all that, also has a great bass response, and knowing what I have experience, I recommend the Turbosound IP 500 that is around 10 more pounds than the Bose Compact and has 3 times more power, more bottom (600 Watts) that is plenty for even a large or outdoor gig....also features Bluetooth, you can play music from your devise (IPhone, etc) and with the free app, you can do your sound check on the middle of the ballroom, and hear what the people will hear...also from your devise. You can buy the BOTH Ip500 for around $1,000.00.

FYI, Turbosound is an English company that is been a several decades in the audio, they are famous in Europe and Mexico and South-America because they provide the audio in Stadiums, very, very large venues.....and also have been providing audio to bands a long time.

Just my two cents.

Manuel

#433036 - 06/17/17 06:41 PM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Thought I was going to pull the trigger on 3 QSC K12.2....Just came into the Bose Showroom and the L1 Model II with B2 Bass and tonematch. The tone match has my Taylor guitar on it AND my Neumann KMS 105.... The portability and the dispersion are interesting too

Still so unsure.

#433037 - 06/17/17 07:24 PM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Having owned the predecessor to the Bose L1 Mod II, I can assure you that it would be hard to go wrong with the Bose rig. Granted, the cost is more than some of the competition, but there were a couple Have Guitar Will travel guys in the Florida Keys with that rig who were doing big, outdoor jobs and the coverage was absolutely astounding. I'm talking something nearly 2 acres in size and you could hear them equally as well as if you were just a few feet away. And, the overall sound quality was absolutely awesome.

I have not heard the Maui systems used under these conditions, so I cannot comment on them, though they seem to be loved by those performing indoors in mid size venues.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#433048 - 06/17/17 11:38 PM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

I had an epiphany I believe in the last week & today I have 5 reasons to move from Conventional Speakers to The BOSE true line array...My Budget is 3K...

1. I want to hear exactly what the audience hears....
I have been playing with my Speakers behind me for the last year, feedback is a small issue, but can rear it's ugly head. I understand the BOSE should not be an issue there.....

2. My footprint on the stage when visiting other houses of worship is currently too big..... I will be playing other houses of Worship more frequently and what I have found is the "home" Church has taken up most if not all of the real estate on stage..From Pianos, guitars monitors, ams & house Speakers, to Chairs, tables etc....Not much room for me...especially in my current set up...I currently have the following on stage with me:

KORG PA 4X------Taylor 812ce 12 fret---Breedlove American C25 SME------Allen & Heath QU 24---2 Harbinger VARI 2115 15" speakers, 1 Harbinger 350 Line Array PA as a monitor, Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Amp.....

3. My Honda CRV Compact SUV is bursting at the seams....I cannot fit all this in without throwing 1 Guitar in the passenger seat...Keep in mind I have stands & Cables as well

The way I figure it if I go to the BOSE with 1 B2 Bass I can lose-2 Harbinger VARI 2115 15" speakers, 1 Harbinger 350 Line Array PA as a monitor, Fishman Loudbox Performer Acoustic Amp.....I will buy the Tone Match but I really like my automated Allen & Heath QU 24 on stage with me. A touch of the button and it remember ALL settings & I have real sliders...(I will buy the TONE MATCH, but use a little differently and try to send it back into my mixer and THEN to the BOSE & probably as a stand alone not quite so much) The reason I will buy the TONE MATCH is I can use it for my Taylor & my Neumann KMS 105

So I am leaning heavily toward this set up as the set up & tear down from this past Sunday was brutal and I had 3 people helping me....

4. I AM a solo performer even though I have a large amount of gear on stage....
Seems the BOSE is geared toward the Solo acoustic artist, but I also play the Arranger & sequence tunes through the PA 4X and play acoustic along with it. I do have my wife sing harmony....My only concern is , I am wondering how my PA 4X will sound & also if 1 B2 is enough to handle the keyboard

5. The sound I heard today was absolutely awesome & the dispersion that this unit has seems to play well for a house of Worship....

That's all I got

#433050 - 06/18/17 06:24 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
That is all you need. You are the perfect candidate for Bose or one of the other line array systems.
Eddie

#433051 - 06/18/17 06:43 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Steve, I see NO reason to get the Tone Match at all. You don't need to double preamp anything. If you're happy with the A&H - stick with it.
The T1 is a great option for many, but your needs re more tailored to the mixer you have. Save $500 and send me a present. smile

#433065 - 06/18/17 07:42 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ditto!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#433067 - 06/18/17 08:04 AM Re: With a great mixer in place: Bose or Speakers? [Re: Steve A]
Steve A Offline

Should I get 2 B2s instead for the keys? have 3k

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online