Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#43301 - 07/19/07 03:04 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Bernie and Bruno,

Thank you for your quick response.

Bernie - it suggests that the Pad is charging whilst connected to the mains. If this is the case, there shouldn't be a problem.

Bruno - what a good idea to carry the books, just in case. Unfortunately, the car space is limited which is one of the reason I was looking to shed some of the baggage.

Ah well! I know Joan is just venturing out on the circuit and was expecting a delivery of a Music Pad yesterday, and we do keep in touch so I'll wait awhile and see what her verdit is.

Thanks again for your help.

Audrey

#43302 - 07/19/07 05:12 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - John you say:

"when my Dad first used his calculator I found him adding the figures on a paper bag just to make sure the gadget".

I still do and I am younger than you let alone your Dad!

When I left school, before calculators, I worked in an insurance office and we had to add up long columns of figures all the time. I could even add one up upside down if I was sat opposite someone who was adding one up if it wasn't too long. I can never trust that I have keyed in the correct amount into a calculator!!!

As far as charging batteries is concerned. Wouldn't it be great if we could plug ourselves in and give our own personal battery a boost? I think mine have nearly reached their sell by date........Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 07-20-2007).]

#43303 - 07/19/07 06:10 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Yes, the battery is charging during AC operation and there is a meter that shows the amount of juice left while on battery mode.
Bernie

#43304 - 07/19/07 03:22 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for your swift response Bernie. It is just what I wanted to hear. I admit when I read about the 4hr battery life, I was really disppointed because I thought "it'll never work for me" but of course it will if it's charging whilst connected to the mains.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 07-19-2007).]

#43305 - 07/20/07 12:43 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

The neat thing about it is the ability to arrange playlists anyway you want,and tie it to the keyboard. One example is take your favorites on the SD card, and load it with 9 waltzes,9 rhumba's,etc. Then on the MPP,you make playlists to correspond. You pick a favorite file on the KN7000,and bring up the playlist on the MPP. The search engine is always available also.

For one who depends on written scores, it is a must have if you want to have any continuity to your program.

Bernie

#43306 - 07/20/07 03:01 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
What is the advantage of using a MPP compared to a laptop for lyrics and music?

John C.

#43307 - 07/21/07 04:53 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

Hi John
As you know, I have used laptops for years, both for midi playback and lyrics and notation.

I scanned several thousand lead sheets into the laptop several years ago. I organised them into categories and it worked fairly well as long as I had plenty of time. Aside from the time it took to find and load, I had a problem with fitting the whole score on the screen. I could use the zoom, but then it was too small for 81/2x11 scans to be read. I tried a scroller, but too clunky.

The second advantage of the MPP is that you can write performance notes on the screen and save it.

Thirdly, I use my laptop for playing back midi notation to play over. I can go from that to playing a style with the score right there in MPP.

The appearance of the score is far superior. The ability to press a footswitch, or tap an arrow to immediately turn a page to the same or next song. The ease of carrying a small tablet loaded with six fakebooks.

While these are advantages, it is not to say laptops are not adequate for many. It is that I need every advantage I can get, and this is one them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online