SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#433005 - 06/16/17 02:41 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I hear many negatives about the Tyros 5. I believe it is a fantastic keyboard when used in the right venue.

If I turned to only playing at home, it’s Pa4x out, new Tyros in.
Right now I’m battling the; “Can I still play out, or is it over”.

John C.

#433006 - 06/16/17 02:52 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
I hear many negatives about the Tyros 5. I believe it is a fantastic keyboard when used in the right venue.

John C.

yes retirement can be a cruel thing,.....but music lives on in your heart & soul and as long as you breath you can make music even at home in many ways, like record albums for your friends, write songs, arrange & compose, teach others, learn a new instrument, or learn how to use a DAW software, VST's, etc, etc, .....just remember the good times and never give up.. cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/16/17 02:54 PM)

#433016 - 06/17/17 02:00 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Good advice Donny. Although most of the active members who post daily are, or were playing out, the majority of the members are not. I am sure music to many of the home players is as important in their lives as it is to us.

#433018 - 06/17/17 03:56 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: bruno123]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123

John C.

Tyros 5 can easilly be used to play out...
However, size and weight are a negative one compared to pa4x..

My biggest complain about the Tyros 5 is the minimal onboard options for sound creation and edditing.. also the user interface of the Pa4x is much better for real time interaction.

But for just sit and play, Tyros works very well...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#433019 - 06/17/17 05:36 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Tyros has always been a "home organ mentality creation"....hope that changes in the future..

Edited by Dnj (06/17/17 05:40 AM)

#433020 - 06/17/17 05:37 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Now, I might be interested in a TYRTOS - what does it do??
smile

#433025 - 06/17/17 09:02 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: guitpic1]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I understand that some people prefer to do the editing and sequencing on the computer and that's fine. But it makes no logical sense to remove a function that a lot of musicians require for immediacy in terms of editing and sequencing on board the keyboard it costs virtually nothing extra . Some people don't want to have two keyboards, one for the studio and one for performing. It makes no sense to me anyway.

#433027 - 06/17/17 10:38 AM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: spalding1968]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By spalding1968
I understand that some people prefer to do the editing and sequencing on the computer and that's fine. But it makes no logical sense to remove a function that a lot of musicians require for immediacy in terms of editing and sequencing on board the keyboard it costs virtually nothing extra . Some people don't want to have two keyboards, one for the studio and one for performing. It makes no sense to me anyway.

To the pro it does seem illogical, however, as pro use of an arranger is miniscule in comparison to the home user, (Which is what arrangers were designed for, as there basically just advanced versions of the old easy play features that were added to organs) so it is quite logical, the main reason Korg (And to a certain extent Roland) have more advanced features, is because they never had a dedicated home and pro user department, so in the beginning everything was just a dumbed down version of their pro keyboards, (Contrast this with Yamaha who have always had separate departments for home and pro) hence the reason that for quite a number of years a lot of users found them intimidating compared to Yamaha. (And also Technics)
Simple really
Bill

#433038 - 06/17/17 07:53 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Tyros has always been a "home organ mentality creation"....hope that changes in the future..

Thanks for changing your post, but now I can't edit my comment and it looks like I'm nuts! smile

#433046 - 06/17/17 11:13 PM Re: What would you pay...new Tyros 5 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj

Thanks for changing your post, but now I can't edit my comment and it looks like I'm nuts! smile

Aren't we all?

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online