SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#43291 - 07/13/07 08:17 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - I looked at the specifications of this about six months ago and at the time thought it was quite expensive. Looking up the site now I see the price looks as if its been reduced and I quote

“Now only £495.00 excluding VAT.”

This looks quite attractive at this price -

I will seriously think about treating myself to one of these - I deserve it!!!! - Joan

#43292 - 07/13/07 10:21 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Audrey

The viewable dimensions are 7 3/8 x 9 3/4. I sit mine on the music rack with stand holder through the wire and twisted upward to secure it. Some use velcro. The MPP can be oriented up and down, or in Portrait mode(on it's side). The type depends on the size of the scan type. There is a zom feature and fit to size. My eyes are getting old and I don't have a problem. Bob Hendershot has a way of enlarging, also.

The footpedal I have was bought with the system. However, any pedal that is normally closed will work if it's stereo and can be adapted to and 1/8 hole. One ring is forward, and the other backwards. You need two to go in both directions. I would try yours with an 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor or buy a Boss FS-5US, or theirs.

Joan, you certainly do owe it to yourself.

Cheers
Bernie

#43293 - 07/13/07 03:21 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thanks for your reply to my questions Bernie. As the screen seems to be on the small size, I presume the notes 'scroll'?

I have offered to bring one or both of my KN7000 keyboards so if you are coming to Cambridge, it would be really great if you could bring your Music Pad with you, connect to the KN and give us all a personal demonstration. What better way is there to learn?

Think about it please and let Roger know your decision as he needs to be kept informed on these things in order for him to keep ahead of the organisation of this exciting event.

Thanks again, Audrey

#43294 - 07/14/07 02:10 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

I would love to go, but travelling abroad is not possible for me at the present time.
Don't forget for all practical purposes, this is 8 1/2x11(No margins)that appears the same. It does not scroll,but flips pages. There is a provision for putting two pages side by side in portroit mode, although I have not done that.

As far as connecting it to a KN7000, please remember this is really a tablet computer with special software that stands alone. It can be placed anywhere and operates on battery or AC power.

#43295 - 07/14/07 05:46 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Triple T Offline

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hi Tim
I'll give you short rundown.

First of all, don't worry about capacity. I have a 2GB Sandisk inserted into mine that will hold thousands of songs. You can swap out sticks at will. The formats are many, including Jpeg,PDF,Lime etc. The best one depends on clarity achieved by your system.

The procedure goes like this: With the software provided,scan any page containg the score or lyrics to a file area in your PC from any scanner. You can categorize them into subfolders any you like. Once you get enough, you bring up the remote Musicpad(enabled by the same software you have installed) and import these songs to your Musicpad. The files are then converted to Freehand format. It is quite easy once you get ahold of the procedure.

Once you load the songs to the MPP, you can arrange them in playlists where you can bring them onto the screen sequentially with the tap of your pedal, or tapping the forward arrow. If the song is more than one page, you can "append" them together so that tapping page one will bring you to two etc. There are other things you can do like writing eraseable notes on the score. I use this to connect my score to a location on my keyboard.

I would not be without mine and I paid $1200 plus stand and case, and pedal. They are now about $900, with a recent price drop.

Bob Hendershot is my mentor on this machine, but this will give you a laymen's perspective.

Bernie

#43296 - 07/17/07 02:28 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Quote:
Originally posted by Triple T:

#43297 - 07/17/07 12:04 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Well I did treat myself to this equipment. I expect it to be delivered Wednesday, i.e. tomorrow...........Joan

#43298 - 07/18/07 04:29 PM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Everyone,

I have an important question and that is how long does the battery last?

I logged on to the website and read that on average it only lasts 4 hours? This seems a very short lifespan considering most dances go on for 5 or 6 hours at a time. I would hate it if the Music Pad ceased to function and I didn't have my music with me, but if I have to take music as well, there is little point in my having the Music Pad.

I'll be interest in hearing from those of you who are currently using it. Thanks in advance.

Audrey

#43299 - 07/19/07 02:15 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Audrey
This is a computer, and as such, has a limited battery life. It can be extended by lowering the brightness and sleep mode. The fact is, I don't even care, as I plug it in with my keyboard etc. In all the jobs i've played, I haven't ever had to put it on battery, except one. I forgot to bring my cord and was happy that it had battery backup.

Bernie

#43300 - 07/19/07 02:48 AM Re: FreeHand Music Pad Pro
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Audrey,
A second battery is a good thought. Wow, I jobs lasting 5 to 6 hours, here in Florida I have gotten used to 3 hour dances.

I do not own a Pad, I use my Laptop. It is an older model which gives me only one hour of use so I always carry the electric cord.

I also thought what if my laptop fails – my backup system, the books are always in the car. Hmmmm.
I come from a family that did not trust new gadgets, so when my Dad first used his calculator I found him adding the figures on a paper bag just to make sure the gadget.

John C.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online