SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#432783 - 06/10/17 07:20 AM Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead..
Dnj Offline

Let me start and say I am not a big fan of Casio at this time except for nostalgic memories of years gone by,.....but my point here after you watch this demo is that if you look around I would say we are moving toward a new wave of keyboards, arrangers or synth workstation that incorporate using pads in many ways as shown here and in so many various forms with new gear all over the market. You can be stuck in the old ways and be a naysayer but in all honestly its all happening no matter what we think to the keyboard music world. Don't be surprised if the next generation "Genos" KORG or whatever has a nice multipad section on board to add so much more to your music, loops, efx, etc, weather it's styles of some kind, multitrack recording, or however you make your music,.....I'll say it now, it's the trending dominant "makes sense feature"....get used to it because it's coming very soon,....that is all...

Thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (06/10/17 07:25 AM)

#432785 - 06/10/17 07:48 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Ever wonder why kids aren't attracted to old style home organ based in theory arranger kbs.....now with the introduction of drum pads companies will see the younger generation creating music new ways using pads & a keyboard of some kind with their computers, etc,.....it's inevitably coming people.... cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/10/17 07:58 AM)

#432786 - 06/10/17 07:58 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I thought that, when the MZ-X500 was first released !!!!! It has features that are not the "Normal" ..... Kind of exciting for me ...

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#432787 - 06/10/17 08:00 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: rphillipchuk]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By rphillipchuk
I thought that, when the MZ-X500 was first released !!!!! It has features that are not the "Normal" ..... Kind of exciting for me ...

I agree an open mind is all you need and some creative talents the time is now.

#432788 - 06/10/17 08:23 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Why are we always encouraging people, especially kids, to abandon solid fundamentals and genuine knowledge and skill training in favor of gadgetry, "whiz-bangery", and instant gratification. The classic race towards mediocrity. There is a difference between real progress and knowledge-deficient shortcuts. JMO.

chas

#432789 - 06/10/17 08:29 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Why are we always encouraging people, especially kids, to abandon solid fundamentals and genuine knowledge and skill training in favor of gadgetry, "whiz-bangery", and instant gratification. The classic race towards mediocrity. There is a difference between real progress and knowledge-deficient shortcuts. JMO.

chas

Chas its natural to be stuck and stubborn in our old ways I'm guilty of that myself to a point,.....but if new roads aren't discovered nothing gets done.....remember the great Viking Warrior Ragnarr Loðbrók's journeys to conquer new lands when no one believed in him turns out he was right,...?.....We as humans are always curious of the unknown....personally I embrace it....there will be new solid fundamentals and genuine knowledge and skills yet to come we just dont know it yet!! cool2

Edited by Dnj (06/10/17 08:30 AM)

#432791 - 06/10/17 09:26 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Perhaps you're right, Donny. It will be interesting to see which approach stands the test of time. Who is more valuable; the skilled musician who produces a beautiful phrase or the guy that pushes a button to trigger that phrase? You decide.

chas

#432792 - 06/10/17 10:17 AM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Chas....I agree creativity does come in many forms ...musicians of all kinds look at it in different ways and that's the beauty of it,...who is to say whats wrong or right, there are no rules,... the process & how and what we use will always change it's the way of the world.

Edited by Dnj (06/10/17 02:10 PM)

#432803 - 06/10/17 05:44 PM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Perhaps you're right, Donny. Who is more valuable; the skilled musician who produces a beautiful phrase or the guy that pushes a button to trigger that phrase?
chas

Chas if that were the case pushing a key(s) on a keyboard to trigger a phrase/style, etc, via automatic accompaniment would certainly fall into that button category also,..would it not? In the end my ears don't have eyes,... wink

Edited by Dnj (06/10/17 05:51 PM)

#432804 - 06/10/17 06:31 PM Re: Evolution of arrangers Casio etc takes the lead.. [Re: Dnj]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
In the past... you needed a band leader, a drummer, bass player, guitar player, piano player, vocalist, brass section, woodwind section, string section, percussion section just to play music. Now, a small group of musicians program their playing style into a midi recorder cane make the foundation of the styles we can use in an arranger keyboard. Now one person can take the job of all the people it used to take to make great music. New ways will come and go... embrace creativity and enjoy your short journey on this rock we call Earth.

For the next 20-40 years, I'll create music my way and get as good as I can. Some people will enjoy it, others will not... I'll enjoy the ride!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online