SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#432638 - 06/05/17 01:04 PM Love of Music and Love of Performing Music
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Music is used for many difference purposes. I would like to discuss two areas: Enjoying the performance and just loving music.

1-Music performance can be an ego thing when playing a job. I believe ego is good as long it does not become the main thought.
2-The love of music.
3-A combination of both.

We read so much about keyboards and equipment I thought this post would help us to share our feelings about music.

John C.

#432639 - 06/05/17 01:27 PM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't believe ego had much to do with it for me. I just really had a lot of fun being on stage and being a musical entertainer. I even did some auctioneering a couple times during a major, east coast boat and outdoor show, auctioning items off for charity to take youngsters on fishing trips. I had a ball! I loved every minute of being on that stage and rattling off the bids as fast as possible, and some folks said I sounded as if I had been doing that all my life.

Now, until my health went to Hell, I really loved playing music, even when I was home. But not, when my back throbs like a toothache and I can no longer sit in front of the keyboard for an hour or two, the music has become somewhat secondary.

No matter what you do in this life, I have always aspired to doing things that I thoroughly enjoyed doing. If you don't enjoy it, it's really not worth doing.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#432640 - 06/05/17 02:16 PM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Music is used for many difference purposes. I would like to discuss two areas: Enjoying the performance and just loving music.
1-Music performance can be an ego thing when playing a job. I believe ego is good as long it does not become the main thought.
2-The love of music.
3-A combination of both.
We read so much about keyboards and equipment I thought this post would help us to share our feelings about music.
John C.

When performing I don't think of it as an ego thing, but rather a pride thing ... While only some of us might be egotistical, I believe we all take great pride in what we do when performing ...
And as much as I love performing I love seeing others perform as well ...

As I've said previously, my LOVE of music comes from my mother who always had music of ALL types playing on the radio when I was growing up, and today there is rarely a time when there isn't music playing in our house ... in our car we have Sirius radio and it is set to a number of different genre stations - Real Jazz, 50/60/70/, CW, Blues, and Classical ...

I don't know how I would live without music, but I have a b-i-l who would rather listen to talk radio ... To each his own ... confused1

#432643 - 06/05/17 05:03 PM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: tony mads usa]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, I see massive amounts of ego every time you post about music, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Everyone needs to enjoy what they have accomplished. I have an ego that slightly embarrasses me, sometimes.

Performing take a strong belief in your abilities. You think your voice is your strong suite...I don't think I'm all that much, but I get paid to do lots of vocal work, including some national stuff.

Rather be backing someone else, but that's hard to do in this day of one man bands.

Be well,

Russ

#432650 - 06/05/17 06:54 PM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: bruno123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ego: a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance. "a boost to my ego"
synonyms: self-esteem, self-importance, self-worth, self-respect, self-image, self-confidence
"the defeat was a bruise to his ego" smile

If you say so, Russ. I just never looked at it that way. But, I'm old and somewhat insane, so maybe it doesn't register in the cobwebs of my aging brain. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#432657 - 06/06/17 11:03 AM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'd much enjoy sitting our two aging, egotistic brains together for an extended visit.

Now, that would be something to remember...and enjoy!

Be well,

R.

#432669 - 06/07/17 05:53 PM Re: Love of Music and Love of Performing Music [Re: captain Russ]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
A touch of classical and ethnic music helps the love of music.

A touch of positive ego is a must. Another word – pride, positive pride. If you feel you have none then you may not have understood the question.

John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online