SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#432579 - 06/02/17 05:18 AM The most compact and wireless arranger :)
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have received a video of Dietmar who gigged for his 75th friend's birthday. He came with a surprise inside a small case. Wireless cme xkey 37 keys SD1000 and small speakers, Ketron SD1000, korg nanokontrol and of course the vArranger software smile

Edited by DAN.2000 (06/02/17 05:19 AM)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#432582 - 06/02/17 08:19 AM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
Bachus Offline

I love the idea of the suitcase..

Add a windows tablet
Your audio interface a
And a controller to a small suitcase
And you can add V-arranger to any setup and be very very mobile..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432587 - 06/02/17 10:52 AM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Hi,
I need at least 61 key for vArranger, could you use one 25 and 37 key CME Airkeys?
Thanks

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#432590 - 06/02/17 01:00 PM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: synerjim]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I actually wrote to CME to ask them if they would build a 32-key version for the right hand, F to C. That's enough for most melodies and it would be only 18" wide. That fits in a backpack!

#432591 - 06/02/17 02:38 PM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By synerjim
Hi,
I need at least 61 key for vArranger, could you use one 25 and 37 key CME Airkeys?
Thanks

You can use any midi controller you want with that little case....
As long as someone is creating it..

#432593 - 06/02/17 07:07 PM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: Bachus]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
I'm thinking to use a 25 key for left hand and 37 key for right hand, but I don't think you can daisy chained these CMEs.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#432595 - 06/02/17 11:42 PM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: synerjim]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By synerjim
I'm thinking to use a 25 key for left hand and 37 key for right hand, but I don't think you can daisy chained these CMEs.

But you can connect 2 USB ports to a tablet...

#432596 - 06/03/17 12:59 AM Re: The most compact and wireless arranger :) [Re: DAN.2000]
Torch Offline

First of all, I want to cheer for Dan and his work on vArranger. I think vArranger being a software arranger has many advantages that hardware based arrangers do no have. Many of us already own arranger keyboards, and it is nice to own a self-contained arranger keyboard. What's nice about vArranger is that with vArranger one can play a 88 hammer action midi controller/keyboard, or 25 key mini controller or for that matter any keyboards or midi controllers lilke midi accordions or midi guitars. For simpler operation with less cables, one can use the CME Bluetooth or the Korg Microkey Air. I prefer the Korg Microkey. The Korg Microkey is much cheaper, and the keys have depth and thus to me much easier to play. The CME looks very stylish, but I find it difficult to play. Also, the CME does not offer a BLE driver (for wireless setup) for Windows machine whereas Korg does. One mentioned using two controllers. I found out that vArrnager has some functions that Dan has not "advertised" but they are there. Dan did say that they are for his personal use. One of them, if I rember correctly, is sustain for the second controller on MIDI channel 2 for chords. So he uses two seperate sustain pedals. Neat. I am still waiting for Ketron to iron out the known bugs in the SD40. Ketron doesn't like the idea of their arranger module being "slaved" by a software arranger. Well, if I get one, that's exactly how I am going to use it. To me vArranger is the brain, and it allows me to use any kind of midi controller or keyboards. I like the flexiblity.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online